Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lounge (OOC area)
by BruxiXXVIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 pm

» The Soul of Organization+
by RixupIX Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 pm

» So if I place this.....here
by RoixukXXII Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

» Picnic Time!!
by RoixukXXII Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

» Where are you?
by Muraxami XXXIX Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 am

» AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

» Assassination: Retrieval
by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

» PROGRESSION: This world bores me!
by Kané Dendou Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am

» Strange Signals
by GexkaXXV Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

» Organization 13+ BBQ!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

» Merely a Servant
by The Coat Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

» Blitz Rush
by GexkaXXV Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm

» Tealixa XXXI
by Tealixa XXXI Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 am

» BATTLE RACE!!!
by GexkaXXV Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

» The Stock Raider
by Kané Dendou Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

» Battle Royale 2016
by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

» Update on Elements and Magicks!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

» New Options for Nobodies!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

» The Mura-tatorship...
by Muraxami XXXIX Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

» Anthem of the Angel
by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

» *random portal appears*
by Kexan XV Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

» A numberless amount of portals
by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

» Let's Play A Game!
by RixupIX Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

» How...Is it possible....What.....To.....Do......
by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

» What would your boss music sound like?
by AxeliaLXIX Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

» Alright, lets play god.
by Lexi LXX Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:54 pm

» EXPANSION!!!!!
by GexkaXXV Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

» Suzu The Copycat.
by Gust Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this. 2.0
by Lexi LXX Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

» The Soulsmith's Forge
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

» Could someone tell me where to go?
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 pm

» Did i hear bored? How about a lake party?
by Leore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this.
by AixusXXIX Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

» We need some food.
by Lexi LXX Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

» Exene XCIII, The Holy Flames User
by Muraxami XXXIX Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

» A Chance Encounter
by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

» Getting to know my City.
by Muraxami XXXIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

» Now might be a better time.
by Leore Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

» Top Ten Superheroes of All Time
by GexkaXXV Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

» I'M BACK, BIRCHES!!!
by Acero Hierro Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:47 pm

» Um, hello?
by ClerxhaXVI Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

» The Grand Entrance
by AxeliaLXIX Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 pm

» Why People Don't Respond to Kexan's Topics
by Kané Dendou Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 am

» Simply because i can... and im bored.
by XirschLXXIII Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 pm

» Training Information!
by BruxiXXVIII Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

» Organization Bookstore
by ClerxhaXVI Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

» Unheard Anomaly...
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

» A Lovely Dinner Party
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

» Finally...it has been done.
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

» Open from DeviantArt
by Kané Dendou Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

» This is also what happens.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

» I apologize for Kané's......dumbassness.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

» The Golem's Awakening
by Acerva Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 am

It's not our fault!

Leore
    Leore
    Level 11
    Level 11

Character sheet
    Title: The Mind Game
    Primary Role: Alchemist
    Sub-role:

It's not our fault! Empty It's not our fault!

Post by Leore

There was something about the sky in this city. Something peculiar about it, it didn't feel normal. It felt different than normal skies, well at least from Leore's perspective it did. Alot of things have changed since he ran from home. His emotions were scrambled and his heart was jumbled. There where days he'd lose sleep from thinking too much and days he'd just have nightmares. It always bugged him, his changing that is, how he could sometimes fall asleep in a bed only to wake up in a dress or in a fight or in a corner. He didn't like it, he wanted to be himself again. He wanted them gone.

'Are you seriously still going to try this'
    'Yes'
    'You don't have too you know'
    'I know'
    'So why are you doing it?'
    'I want too'
    'You ever think about what we want'
    'Honestly? No, I couldn't care less what you wanted'
    'Leore, you were always the most sensible one of the four of us and-'
    'Stop, there is no four of us, it's just four of me, and I want only one of me back!'
    'Why, what have we done to make you hate us?'
    'What have you done? You ruined my life, I was normal, I had a family, I could've made friends! You three took that from me!'
    'Are you sure? It doesn't seem like that too me, I mean almost every friend you made here was because leana made the-'
    'Not here you idiot! These are not 'friends' they're barely even human!'
    'Don't say that, you don't know what they've been through!'  
    'You and I both know that's not entirely true, and the three of you know that these people here are not your average run of the mill super powered beings!'

The three of them stopped, Leore was right. They felt the differences in these people. Like the sky in this city, the people felt different from other people, besides the fact that mostly everyone has some form of power.

'I'm going to start now'

The rest stayed quiet. There wasn't much they could do when Leore had full control over the body for the time being. He sat on a high roof in The Dark City. Pretzel legged and finger tips touching one another as they rested in his lap. Emptying his mind of thoughts he meditated. The slits of his eyes bleed a neon purple light. The same colored light started to slowly swirl around his body, increasing in speed and in energy. It grew and grew until it looked like a flower bud had consumed Leore. It continued ferociously spinning for about 5 minutes then expanded before popping and vanishing. Leore fell back releasing his body from his meditating position. He slammed the ends of his fist on the roof's gravel.

"Why... Why won't it work?"
    'You know why it won't work'
    'It won't work because we don't want to leave'
    'We like existing'
    'And it's at a point where we have as much control over this head as you did 11 years ago'
    'Why can't you just leave me alone.'
    'We could ask you the same question'
    'There's nothing here for you! Why do you insist on staying'
    'We have friends here-'
    'No you don't! Stop lying to yourselves! You know as well as I do that these people aren't your friends. They aren't even human. You feel it, I feel it, everyone here is missing something, something very important. That something is the one thing that they need to make them human, the one thing they need to be able to truly call someone friend.'
    'Don't talk down about them, they are nice people!'
    'Nice people? None of them are 'nice people' their emotions are all fake, they don't feel like we feel, they don't care like we care, they're not like us!'
    'At one point they where! You don't get it do you? Maybe if you stopped being so shallow and took your quarter of our head from your ass you would know!'
    'Relax Leana, he's always been like this...'
    'What do you mean I've always been like this, what do you even know about me'
    'We know enough. You blame us for ruining your life? Frankly we gave you a life, we let you see how people really are, we showed you your life.'
    'All you've ever shown me was how to be alone'
    'Are you sure? Are you sure that's not something you forced on yourself?'

"..."

"Happy birthday Leore!" It was Leore's 9th birthday party. The only people to show up was his parents and other close family members. Leore didn't have any friends,in fact, anybody he came close too was scared away by his 'uniquness'. He couldn't go to school so he was home schooled by his mother. Every birthday would be the same. He would get a cake surrounded by his family and sometimes, but rarely, friends of family. They would consult Leore's psychic abilities amongst eachother, some of them shaming him. His mother always loved him, and his father hoped the powers would fade. Leore couldn't stand any of them. This birthday especially. "Leore, sweetie, Auntie Nessa brought one of her friends and she has a daughter your age, isn't that nice." His mother proclaimed ecstatic. Leore shrugged as if not caring. "Come on, I'll introduce her." Leore's mom signaled for someone to come out. Sure enough, a girl his age walked out of the small crowd of people. A little happy girl smiling from ear to ear. "Is this Leore, Miss Leighton" she asked pulling a seat up to the birthday boy and sitting right next to him. "Why yes it is Briana, Leore say hi, this is Briana." Leore nods his head a little at the girl who seemed a little too happy. "Hey, come on you can talk to me I won't bite hehe" Briana jokes before Leore's mother gets up and leaves them alone.

It took some time but Leore finally started to open up to the girl. He was surprised that she wasn't scared about his power, she was happy actually. They ran into the back yard so leore could show her more, by her request ofcourse. He showed her how much he could lift, he showed her mini 'fireworks' in the sky. It was the first time he had so much fun with someone his age. However, he used too much power in his spree. His head started hurting, he dropped to his knees and grabbed at his head. It was throbbing, like it was about to explode. Neon purple energy surrounded him as he sat there screaming. No adults where able to hear it through out the ruckus inside the party. Briana was concerned and ran up to the boy in immense pain.
    "Leore, Leore are you okay!" She said trying to console him to no avail. "Please, get away from me..." he pleaded but she didn't listen, she pursued on not wanting to leave his side. "Get away, Get away, Get away!" He screamed putting one of his hands on her chest pushing her away with enough force to send her flying into the shed, destroying half of it. Realizing what he did to his first and only friend he snapped out of it and looked her way. She looked shaken up, laying in the rubble that was once the sheds outer wall. He ran over to her and screamed at the sight. She was grabbing at something, a rod, that was peirced through her chest. Blood soaked her dress and lots of it poured out her mouth, all while tears raced down her face. A mixture of shock and horror could be found on the face of both the kids. "No! No! No! Nooo!" He screamed, she stopped moving however. He backed away from her dropping to his knees once more tears filled his eyes, his head was throbbing faster and faster. Then it stopped, seconds before a psionic explosion engulfed the boy and charred half of the back yard. With that Leore blacked out. The shockwave of the explosion shook the house, and everyone in the house ran out side to see what it was. Horror instilled on the faces of everyone as they witnessed it. Crying could be heard. "My Baby!" A mother's scream went off just as a women burst through the crowd and ran over to the girl with a rod through her chest, followed by a sobbing man. Leore's mother ran over to him and picked him up, checking for a pulse. There was one, but Leore wasn't waking up. A few minutes later the ambulance arrived, announcing the girl dead, and Leore comatose. Tears, hateful crying, despise, jealousy all could be felt in the air like a thick fog. The party was over.

Ten months pass and Leore awoke from his coma in a hospital bed. His mother sitting next to him holding his hand. She shouted with glee as her boy woke up. Leore remembered everything that happened before he entered the coma. Tears flooded his eyes at the memory. Two more months passed and he was allowed home the day before his birthday. That night something changed, no, everything changed. His father became a drunk, who shamed leore for the accident that happened a year ago. His family grew distant from his immediate family. That birthday was the loneliest birthday he had ever had. He was 10 at that point. That very night when he went to sleep, sad and feeling alone, his family was in for a surprise.  The next day his mother came into his room, only to meet eyes with a strange girl laying in her sons bed. The girl had longer hair than him but overall looked like a female version of him. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.
    "Good morning mom" the girl said in a dragged voice. "M-mom!?" She was startled. "Honey! Come here!" She yelled out. Stumbling could be heard in the hallway as Leore's father stood in the doorway, drunk as all hell and equally as surprised. "Who's 'at? You cheatn' on me huh, our son kills a gal' and you go an' cheat" his mother looked annoyed at him. "No you idiot, I don't know who this is. " Shocked overwhelmed the girl. "Mah, you know who I am! You do it's me! Leora!" The room fell silent at that name, it was too close to Leore's name to be coincidence. The mother dragged Leora to the hospital.

A few test later the doctor announced.
    "Ma'am I'm not sure how to say this, but that child shares the same exact DNA as your son. If it wasn't for the extra x chromosome. I'd say that is your son." The mother was shocked. From that day on changes kept happening, another boy appeared, and yet another girl, and each time the doctor said the same thing, it is their son. The changes would happen at random, during conversations, in the library, at the pool, anywhere. People grew scared and confused. Started avoiding the kid. A few more years past and the boy was 15 now. He had no friends, his father despised them and their mother tried her best to love them. One night their mother went out to relieve stress at a local club. Their dad, drunk as always, slugged his way into Leore's room. "Leore, go wash them dishs' in tha' sank right no- oh." He stops noticing Leore wasn't Leore but Leora. She was sitting in her bed feeling real bad. "Fine, I'll go wash the dishes." She knew he hated her and didn't want to get on his bad side while he was drunk. "Wai' hol' up there." He says stopping her at the door. She tried to avoid eye contact with him but he forced her into it by pulling at her chin to move her head. "You-you've grown quite a bit there girl." Leora looked confused at his statement. "Dad please, I'm gonna wash the dishes go be creepy some where else." She says brushing pass him. "I said hol' up!" He said grabbing her arm and pulling her back with such force. "Sorry, but how 'bout you let me show you what being an adul' is like." He said leaning in closer to, her breath smelling like strong Alcohol. She tried to break out of his grip but it was futile, he started to breath down her neack, and fondle her body. "Let me go!" She screams trying to shake out of his grip to no avail. He pushed her to the floor and took off his shirt and unbuckled his belt. "ThisMy hous' and you gonna do what I say!" He says just as her mother runs into the house and pushes him away from her. "What are you doing! That is your child!" He looked at her as if disgusted she had stopped him. "Das not my chil' I don' have no chil'!" He blurts as he picks up his shirt and barges, stumbling, out of the room. Her mother turned to her and saw the tearing eyes of the scared girl and consoled her. Embracing her in a hug. It didn't stop there, every time the mother would leave the house he would advance on one of the two girls that would occasionally replace Leore, and each time they would leave the house and run to a park or a library. Except one night, Leora was falling asleep before the sound of a drunk man stumbling into her room woke her up. She crawled into the corner of her bed as he crawled onto it, grabbing at her. She screamed but her mother was a heavy sleeper and was under sleeping pills. He started to rip away at her trying to get her clothes off, she kicked him and punched him and screamed for help. She didn't want to hurt her father, but she didn't want this. Seconds passed and he was still at it, groping her as much as he could until the energy engulfed her, and in her spot sat a boy with fury in his eyes. "Das' not fair, turn back into the one with the titties you brat!" Disgusted Leore's eyes beamed a purple light and his dad flew into a nearby wall, a jump rope tied around his hands and psionic punches wailed on him until he passed out, and then some. The boy nearly killed his father, and that's when he knew his time here was up. He left a note for his mother on the bloody father's face and he left. Ran away from home completely. He was out I  the wild surviving on his own for 5 years. Fending off murderous beast and humans alike, thieves and bandits. Traveling from town to town till one day what seemed like a portal opened up. Curious Leore ran into it and was greeted by a dark forrest. Almost as dark as the portal which felt like it was trying to eat away at Leore. Traversing through the empty forest he came about a site.

The Dark City.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm