Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lounge (OOC area)
by BruxiXXVIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 pm

» The Soul of Organization+
by RixupIX Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 pm

» So if I place this.....here
by RoixukXXII Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

» Picnic Time!!
by RoixukXXII Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

» Where are you?
by Muraxami XXXIX Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 am

» AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

» Assassination: Retrieval
by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

» PROGRESSION: This world bores me!
by Kané Dendou Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am

» Strange Signals
by GexkaXXV Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

» Organization 13+ BBQ!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

» Merely a Servant
by The Coat Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

» Blitz Rush
by GexkaXXV Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm

» Tealixa XXXI
by Tealixa XXXI Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 am

» BATTLE RACE!!!
by GexkaXXV Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

» The Stock Raider
by Kané Dendou Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

» Battle Royale 2016
by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

» Update on Elements and Magicks!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

» New Options for Nobodies!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

» The Mura-tatorship...
by Muraxami XXXIX Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

» Anthem of the Angel
by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

» *random portal appears*
by Kexan XV Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

» A numberless amount of portals
by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

» Let's Play A Game!
by RixupIX Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

» How...Is it possible....What.....To.....Do......
by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

» What would your boss music sound like?
by AxeliaLXIX Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

» Alright, lets play god.
by Lexi LXX Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:54 pm

» EXPANSION!!!!!
by GexkaXXV Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

» Suzu The Copycat.
by Gust Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this. 2.0
by Lexi LXX Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

» The Soulsmith's Forge
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

» Could someone tell me where to go?
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 pm

» Did i hear bored? How about a lake party?
by Leore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this.
by AixusXXIX Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

» We need some food.
by Lexi LXX Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

» Exene XCIII, The Holy Flames User
by Muraxami XXXIX Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

» A Chance Encounter
by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

» Getting to know my City.
by Muraxami XXXIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

» Now might be a better time.
by Leore Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

» Top Ten Superheroes of All Time
by GexkaXXV Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

» I'M BACK, BIRCHES!!!
by Acero Hierro Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:47 pm

» Um, hello?
by ClerxhaXVI Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

» The Grand Entrance
by AxeliaLXIX Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 pm

» Why People Don't Respond to Kexan's Topics
by Kané Dendou Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 am

» Simply because i can... and im bored.
by XirschLXXIII Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 pm

» Training Information!
by BruxiXXVIII Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

» Organization Bookstore
by ClerxhaXVI Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

» Unheard Anomaly...
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

» A Lovely Dinner Party
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

» Finally...it has been done.
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

» Open from DeviantArt
by Kané Dendou Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

» This is also what happens.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

» I apologize for Kané's......dumbassness.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

» The Golem's Awakening
by Acerva Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 am

2 posters

The Soulsmith's Forge

Acerva
    Acerva
    Level 7
    Level 7

Character sheet
    Title: The Soulsmith
    Primary Role: Assassin
    Sub-role: Enchanter

The Soulsmith's Forge Empty The Soulsmith's Forge

Post by Acerva Sat May 16, 2015 4:38 am

After overcoming the shock of how the city deals with it's various building purchases and such i decided to get to work setting up my new forge.
    After i'd cleared out the back room of the building Gex and I had found I set to work making racks and shelves and such on the leftside of the room from the entrance, then set up my bed that i bought with the money i didn't end up needing for my forge against the wall of the doorway leading to this backroom.

I summoned my forge in the back right corner and created a hammer enchanted with the element of flames. carefully i set up my quenching station near my work bench made of ice located in the rightmost center of the room.
    Once i was happy with this i set about making a counter to serve people and set up a few more weapon racks and some roof high shelves that I moved to behind the counter stretching from the wall to the now sanded down and lacquered doorway leading to the backroom.

Fashioning myself a key I go to the door and test it out before unlocking it and flipping a closed sign to open.
    Guess it's time to get to work.
    I walk into the backroom and start bringing up slabs and sheets of metal from the shadows, preparing for any customers who wish to request a weapon and clean up my tools. trusting the bell above the door to alert me of anyone entering or leaving.
    Fira
    Fira
    Level 5
    Level 5

Character sheet
    Title: The Nuclear Bomb
    Primary Role: Brute
    Sub-role: Bounty Hunter

The Soulsmith's Forge Empty Re: The Soulsmith's Forge

Post by Fira Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Fira pushes open the door to the forge and steps inside. She looks up as the bell chimes and then looks around at the rest of the room. She gives a brief wave to the man behind the counter, sparing him only a cursory glance, before making her way over to the racks of weapons. She becomes completely focused on the weapons and starts to thoroughly examine each one. She brushes her fingers down their edges, lightly taps their blades, and sharply raps their spiked heads. She picks up a few of the weapons that interest her; feeling their grips, testing their balances, and scrutinizing their guards.

Fira’s eyes light up when she comes across a particularly large double headed battle axe. Its design is rather simple, but its blue steel seems to give off an incandescent glow.  She picks it up and slowly feels it over with her eyes closed, familiarizing herself with every aspect of it, feeling the weapon’s personality. She opens her eyes and taking the axe in both hands, settles into a battle stance. Raising the axe over her left shoulder, she takes a single diagonal swing with it, making the air hum with the speed of its passing. She stops the blade a centimeter from the floor and pauses. She cocks her head, staring down the battle axe as if puzzled. After a moment, she lifts the blade to eyelevel and gives a slight nod.

Now satisfied with the quality of the shop’s work, she returns the axe to its place and walks over to the counter, a friendly smile emerging on her face. From inside her coat she pulls out her weapon handle and sets it on the counter. The handle is about a foot long and maybe an inch and a half in diameter with rounded, slightly knobby ends.  It’s made of a black ironwood with its center wrapped in a thin, deep russet-colored leather and is heavier than it looks. The handle appears to be straight at first glance, but one side has is a very slight inward curve. While the handle looks well looked after, the leather is almost completely worn away in some places from constant use and the dark wood is marred with a variety of small nicks, dents, and scratches. “Hello. I apologize for not speaking to you first, but I had to see if your forge was up to scratch. You have some very fine weapons here. They’re made of materials that I can’t identify, but the level of workmanship is clearly evident.” Fira absentmindedly strokes her weapon handle as she talks. “I believe you can help me with the custom job I have in mind. I want you to make a replica of this handle using the strongest, hardest, toughest materials you have. It doesn’t matter if the replica weighs more than the real thing but every other detail must be exact.” She pauses, considering. “Except for the scratches and such. You don’t have to include those.”
    Acerva
    Acerva
    Level 7
    Level 7

Character sheet

Post by Acerva Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:55 am

I look towards the door as the short red headed girl walks in and goes straight to the weapons rack. watching her curiously as she looks the weapons up and down and touches the various blades and spikes i notice her eye catch on to a double headed battle axe and watch in horror as she goes for a diagonal swing before breathing a sigh of relief as she stops it just short of the floor.
    she at least knows her way around a weapon thankfully

Suddenly presented with a smile and a request i look down at the handle and examine it. I take note of the small nicks and dents in the wood, the leather's all but a fashion statement at this point for how much of it is still actually giving something to grip and i can't help but notice that there is a pretty important part of the handle missing.
    "While i'll gladly take your request i must ask miss, where is the blade?" Looking down at the handle i can tell at a glance that it seems well suited for a two handed sword of fairly considerable length. I gently pick it up and feel the weight to better understand just how much i'll be working with here.
    Hmm, given the handle's weight either the blades materials would need to be heavy or it must be of considerable size, given how wide the handle is i'd lean more towards a fairly long blade made of weighty materials but without having the blade here in front of my i can never truly know.
    As i become lost in thought about the weapon i snap back to reality as the red haired girl begins speaking once more.
    Fira
    Fira
    Level 5
    Level 5

Character sheet

Post by Fira Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:54 pm

Fira smiles as he agrees to take the job. She raises her eyebrows at his question and reaches to pick up the handle. "Curious are we? Well first of all, you're not asking the right question." Fira start to twirl the weapon handle in her hand, spinning it faster and faster. "It's not blade, it's blades, and even than it's not exclusively blades. And as to where they are..." A black longsword blade suddenly sprouts from one end of the spinning handle. While pausing or even slowing down, Fira continues to twirl the weapon, expertly tossing it from hand to hand. The blade then seems to melt back into the handle and pike grows from the other end. The handle is now merely a blur in Fira's hands and seems to move will a will of its own, dancing and whirl all around her body. The pike shrinks and a buster sword springs out. From the buster sword to a war hammer. From the war hammer to a shield. From the shield to a mace. The transformations come faster and faster, the twirling and spinning even more so, until the rapidly changing weapons become unidentifiable as such. A whirling black sphere seems to have manifested inside the shop and Fira's body within has become completely obscured. Fira suddenly brings the whole thing to a stop with one final diagonal swing that sends out a blast of air that makes the weapons in their racks rattle. She ends up in the same position she was in before, holding the exact same axe she was testing before; the only difference being the axe is completely black. Her breathe rate has risen slightly, but not by much and there is no other indication of physical exertion. The axe abruptly dissolves into powder and Fira is again left holding only her weapon handle.  She straightens up and smiles at Acerva. "Ta-da!"
    Acerva
    Acerva
    Level 7
    Level 7

Character sheet

Post by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:21 am

as i watch the display i see flashes of weapons i was quite familiar with, there were many with quite the variation. I even saw a shield appear from the myriad weapons being presented to me by this little girl. Seeing this performance i wonder what the girl must need so many weapons for but alas i do not say it out loud, given how she swung a weapon she must have much conviction. even if i do not do this she'll just go and find someone else to achieve this feat for her.
    "Quite impressive miss, if you wish i could probably have the handle done in no time at all." i search my memories for the requisite materials i wish to use, hoping that i had them in stock already. thankfully the memory searching proved fruitful. "If you wish to watch me work you are more than welcome, there shan't be much fire used in this creation so it should only take the better half of 2 hours of work."

With that i proceed to the back room, grabbing a hammer and some gloves, then moving over to my assortment of materials, deciding to go with something dense, pulling out a small chunk of diamond and obsidian. moving over to the metals i pull out a solid bar of iron, setting the gems upon the table and then placing the iron bar within the forge.
    as i wait for the iron to become super heated i turn to fira and reach out to take the handle back, putting the handle against my ice work bench and then pull out my scythe. After removing the leather from the handle i allow the ice-flames to pour over the handle, allowing it to create a thick block of ice that could work as a mould for the handle.

Finally satisfied with my time spent setting up i once again turn to fira "Would you like something to drink? i have a large supply of tea if you're up for having some otherwise i can always figure something out."
    Fira
    Fira
    Level 5
    Level 5

Character sheet

Post by Fira Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Fira’s smile fades slightly as she sees a certain look flash briefly across Acerva’s face. It is a look she has received many times before and though she doesn’t know Acerva’s exact line of thought, she knows the gist. ‘This little girl shouldn’t be playing with weapons.’ She doesn’t know whether to laugh or sigh and instead compromises with a snort. Her mood improves on hearing how quickly her new weapon handle will be completed. Though, she doesn’t truly require it to fight, she has no desire to leave the shop without it. She moves around the counter to get a better view of Acerva working. Fascinated by anything to do with weapons, Fira watches intently as he pulls out the materials and uses his scythe to encase her handle in a block of ice. “Hey I have a question. Two actually. One, what are the gems for?” While she can probably afford it, she doesn’t want to spend money on useless decorations. “Two, is that scythe one of your creations?” Without having the weapon actually in her hands she can’t tell, but she is super impressed with its ability. After a moment of gazing at the scythe, Fira realizes she never answered Acerva’s own question. “Tea is fine, though I’ll need some sugar.”
    Acerva
    Acerva
    Level 7
    Level 7

Character sheet

Post by Acerva Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:39 am

i smile at fira's many questions but also notice that she was frowning before, pushing that back in my mind for later i proceed to answer the little one's questions.
    "Something i don't advertise on my sign is my ability to infuse any material with another to change their properties and truly create something as perfectly suited as possible. given how worn the handle was i wanted something that could last a life time no matter the abuse, hence the diamond. it's lasting power is almost unmatched, the iron is needed as a base as it is one of the easiest materials to work with when it comes to moulding something into a shape, finally the obsidian has a few reasons for existing in this creation." I pause for a bit as i go to make some tea, bringing back a tin of sugar and a tea spoon with it.
    "the first reason is because i would assume that summoning those weapons takes energy and given my knowledge of magic most of that would have had to go through your handle, while certain woods are fantastic at conducting magical energy of any kind from my many years of experience i've found obsidian to be some of the best conductors for converting energy into tangible matter. essentially with the obsidian infusion you should be able to use less energy per weapon creation than you did with your old handle and still attain the same results." as i explain to fira the need for the materials i am using i put two and a half teaspoons of sugar into my tea and take a sip quickly checking on the iron to make sure it doesn't begin melting. "the second reason i'm using obsidian is because it looks fantastic" i give a little wink as i say this and then get up to grab the iron, i place it into a steel bucket and then put it back into the forge. this time deeper in and closer to the heart of the flames.

going back to fira i take another long sip of my tea, "as for your second question." i brandish my scythe and hold it out to her so that she can get a feel for it herself. "Yes this is another of my creations, my own personal weapon and the biggest symbol of my utmost failure in life. it's creation and overall completion was born of a story of tragedy and ended in the death of me, it was made for revenge and after achieving said revenge it's owner bathed in darkness could only pour his icy soul within it but the life of a weapon is not so fickle and so it bore the cold and continues to burn strong." I chuckle sadly to myself a little "Fanciful musings aside this weapon underwent it's own transformations alongside me, it is my honoured companion in life and death. i created it to last an eternity and so far it hasn't faltered once in trying to achieve this task."

as fira inspects the weapon in her own way i finally bring up that which had concerned me before "So what would that frown have been for little one? I hope i haven't offended you in some way my dear, i would hate to have that baring down on my conscience"
    Fira
    Fira
    Level 5
    Level 5

Character sheet

Post by Fira Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 am

Fira picks up her cup of tea and adds three teaspoons of sugar. After blowing on the steaming liquid, she tentatively takes a sip. She continues to sip at her tea while listening attentively as Acerva walks her through his abilities and thought process. She concedes that the diamonds are good choice but has to stop, and correct him on a different point. “I’m afraid all the obsidian will do is look fantastic. I am not using energy to summon weapons; I am transforming energy into weapons. Energy and mass are the same physical entity just in different states. I can’t use less energy because that would mean the finished product would have less mass. Think of it as a math equation; anything subtracted from one side must be subtracted from the other. (The equation is e=mc2 by the way.) Though I appreciate the effort, my handle is simply a handle. I use it out of habit, but don’t actually require it to create weapons.” Having finished her tea, Fira puts her cup down and gingerly takes the proffered scythe. Still listening to Acerva, she closes her eyes and run her hand down the length of the scythe. With the scythe in hand and Acerva’s poetic words flowing over her, Fira thinks can almost see the weapon’s memories. She can definitely feel a deep sadness, though whether it emanates from Acerva’s voice or the scythe is hard to tell. After a moment she opens her eyes. She doesn’t feel she is worthy to wield a weapon that Acerva has so obviously poured himself into and hands it back silently. Acerva’s upfront question startles me and it takes me a moment to formulate a response. “It’s not your fault. You’re just the latest in a long line of people that I’ve seen that expression on. Correct me if I’m wrong but your thought were along the lines of ‘little girls and weapons shouldn’t mix’. I am right? God, that irritates me to no end!”
    Acerva
    Acerva
    Level 7
    Level 7

Character sheet

Post by Acerva Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:52 am

i laugh a bit as fira explains her powers a bit more "it would seem my assumptions of your powers were incorrect, within my world those that could would summon weapons using magical energies. You seem to be using some different form of energy conversion." i lean back against my workbench a little and frown a little.

"i do not judge you for taking up the art of battle however i did muse as to what you would need such weapons for. i could see much conviction within you and i would not allow anyone to give you something mediocre regardless of your intent." moving forward i place my hand on fira's shoulder "my pride lies within my creations, i would not doubt that someone with as skilled as you would perform acts of ill will but regardless of whether i had said yes i know i had assumed you were adamant in getting your handle reforged."

i move past fira and remove the bucket from the forge looking inside to see a bright orange goo in place of the iron. bringing it towards the ice mould that i had created earlier i pour the melted metal in, hearing it sizzle as it melts the ice i continue to slowly pour into it ensuring that it's filled evenly. satisfied i place the bucket on the bench, hearing the ice once again sizzle against the hot object, i pick up both the diamond and the obsidian and place them into the molten goo.

I close my eyes and concentrate on the properties i want from each metal as they are both slowly eroded away, as if being eaten by the lava-like metal within the mould. after about 15 minutes the gems are gone and the metal has begun to cool, i once again wash it over with ice-fire and after about 5 minutes i shatter the block of ice and remove the handle from within.
    i proceed to place it in the forge and then re-encasing it within the ice for the next half an hour before finally i am satisfied with the end product.

turning to fira i hand her the handle and bow slightly "i hope it's up to your standards my dear and i would be happy to help you with testing it." a slight smile touching my face.
    Fira
    Fira
    Level 5
    Level 5

Character sheet

Post by Fira Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:10 am

Fira attempts to explain herself a bit as Acerva continues to work on her new weapon handle. “I did not choose the fighting or the weapons. I came into all my abilities by simple chance. Nonetheless, since I did possess them I believed it would be an utter waste not to use them. So I practiced and honed my skills with the utmost resolve, determined to be a help to myself and my brother. That is where my skill comes from. However, I don’t view my collection as many weapons but as one. Look at your scythe. I’m willing to bet you know every inch of it and the best ways to use it. The same goes for me. Every blade I wield is just a single aspect of a greater whole, one that I know completely. Every weapon is a tool and a masterpiece. That is where my passion comes from. However, my passion is not my drive. The conviction you see does come from ill will, though only towards one man. My brother and I were attacked by him and I have yet to find out if my brother is still alive. I will find this man and after I learn my brother’s fate, I will kill him for what he has done to us.”

Fira’s eyes are beginning to simmer with hatred when she takes the handle from Acerva. It fades though as she appreciates Acerva’s craftsmanship. Now that she knows what it is made of, she can admire it all the more. It would almost be a shame to wrap this beautiful thing in a leather grip. “It’s perfect. Thank you. Now I just need a grip to match. I don’t suppose you have anything?” The only difference from her old handle is the weight, and since that doesn’t matter to her, Fira begins flipping the handle just like she did with the old one. “Well I guess that leaves payment. After that I’ll be happy to test this weapon in a duel with you. So how much do I owe you? Oh, and is it possible that I can have my old handle back? It’s for sentimental reasons.”
    Acerva
    Acerva
    Level 7
    Level 7

Character sheet

Post by Acerva Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:52 am

(ooc: Sorry about the absence fira btw gonna be pming you something just as a confirmation if you don't mind)

Staring down at fira i see that she is quite pleased with my work. i pull the old handle off of my workbench hold it out to be taken by fira.
    "Well considering the materials used and the size of the commission i would probably need to charge you about sixty-five munny" i nod to myself a bit before going to a shadow and pulling out some more diamond, a chunk of obsidian and an iron ingot to replace the ones used in the handle.
    "though i'll gladly knock off 30 munny if you win in our little duel" i give a playful wink to fira and gently pat her head as i walk past her to the door and grab my scythe along the way "So shall we?" I say turning my head to the left slightly while looking back.
    Fira
    Fira
    Level 5
    Level 5

Character sheet

Post by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Fira accepts her old handle with a smile on her face. She tucks it away and pulls out a bag. "Sorry about this but I'm not really familiar with the currency here. Will this cover it?" Fira pulls out five large, pure silver coins from the bag. As an added thought she creates a one foot square cube made of the same material she creates her weapons from. "Just a little gift. I don't know it's exact properties but it's strong and heavy. I figured you might like something new to experiment with." Fira follows after Acerva, curious as to where they will have their match. "So how does a smith like you know how to fight?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 am