Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lounge (OOC area)
by BruxiXXVIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 pm

» The Soul of Organization+
by RixupIX Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 pm

» So if I place this.....here
by RoixukXXII Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

» Picnic Time!!
by RoixukXXII Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

» Where are you?
by Muraxami XXXIX Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 am

» AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

» Assassination: Retrieval
by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

» PROGRESSION: This world bores me!
by Kané Dendou Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am

» Strange Signals
by GexkaXXV Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

» Organization 13+ BBQ!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

» Merely a Servant
by The Coat Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

» Blitz Rush
by GexkaXXV Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm

» Tealixa XXXI
by Tealixa XXXI Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 am

» BATTLE RACE!!!
by GexkaXXV Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

» The Stock Raider
by Kané Dendou Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

» Battle Royale 2016
by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

» Update on Elements and Magicks!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

» New Options for Nobodies!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

» The Mura-tatorship...
by Muraxami XXXIX Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

» Anthem of the Angel
by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

» *random portal appears*
by Kexan XV Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

» A numberless amount of portals
by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

» Let's Play A Game!
by RixupIX Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

» How...Is it possible....What.....To.....Do......
by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

» What would your boss music sound like?
by AxeliaLXIX Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

» Alright, lets play god.
by Lexi LXX Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:54 pm

» EXPANSION!!!!!
by GexkaXXV Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

» Suzu The Copycat.
by Gust Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this. 2.0
by Lexi LXX Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

» The Soulsmith's Forge
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

» Could someone tell me where to go?
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 pm

» Did i hear bored? How about a lake party?
by Leore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this.
by AixusXXIX Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

» We need some food.
by Lexi LXX Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

» Exene XCIII, The Holy Flames User
by Muraxami XXXIX Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

» A Chance Encounter
by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

» Getting to know my City.
by Muraxami XXXIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

» Now might be a better time.
by Leore Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

» Top Ten Superheroes of All Time
by GexkaXXV Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

» I'M BACK, BIRCHES!!!
by Acero Hierro Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:47 pm

» Um, hello?
by ClerxhaXVI Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

» The Grand Entrance
by AxeliaLXIX Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 pm

» Why People Don't Respond to Kexan's Topics
by Kané Dendou Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 am

» Simply because i can... and im bored.
by XirschLXXIII Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 pm

» Training Information!
by BruxiXXVIII Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

» Organization Bookstore
by ClerxhaXVI Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

» Unheard Anomaly...
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

» A Lovely Dinner Party
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

» Finally...it has been done.
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

» Open from DeviantArt
by Kané Dendou Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

» This is also what happens.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

» I apologize for Kané's......dumbassness.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

» The Golem's Awakening
by Acerva Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 am

4 posters

Assassination: Retrieval

ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet
    Title: The bookworm
    Primary Role: Assassin
    Sub-role: Alchemist

Assassination: Retrieval Empty Assassination: Retrieval

Post by ClerxhaXVI Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:46 am

Brown eyes scan around the room through the haze of regaining consciousness. The petite girl can taste a small amount of blood in her mouth—the result of being knocked out. Light filters in from a window, and she realizes that nearly five hours must have passed since she was last awake. She curses internally at the thought. She’s running out of time. The man who had hit her over the head with the blunt end of a blade now stands about five feet in front of her.

“What do you want?” the young woman asks. The ropes that bind her wrists and ankles to the chair hold no special properties; she could slip through them in a heartbeat. That is, if she wanted.

“I want you to tell me who you work for.” The war-weathered man gives her a once-over, taking in her scars and bruises from her last mission. “There’s no way a teenager would break into her majesty’s castle… without proper motivation.”

Cler’s face transforms into one of mild fear. It’s amazing how much her acting skills have progressed from similar scenarios. Her weapons lie on the floor, just out of reach, and she’s not about to waste her other abilities on a job that should be easily handled. She’ll lie through her teeth until she manages to achieve the actual mission: destroy the war-bringer who has wreaked destruction upon the past half-dozen worlds he’s visited. And his cronies. But she would rather cut off the serpent’s head.

“ Cat’s got your tongue, huh, girly?”

“I have no choice,” the assassin says, remembering the cover story she created for herself. She lets tears well up in her eyes, “I’ve no choice. They took my brother.”

A blatant lie to anyone who actually knows her, but the target takes the bait. He moves forward, now within a foot from her chair. “See, that wasn’t so hard, now was it?”

Cler shakes her head, the tears now running down her face in rivulets and streaking through the dirt on her face. “They’re going to kill him if I don’t steal it!” Lies again. Although this got his attention.

“Steal what?” he asks, moving in range for her to make her move. She’s not willing to let her holo-com send off an automated message to the other assassins. And since she doesn’t know how long it’s actually been, she has to hurry. “Tell me.”

The man places a hand on her shoulder consolingly, and she moves, passing intangibly through him. She snatches up her weapons, catching him off guard. Within a matter of seconds, the man is dead on the rock floor. Cler wipes the false tears from her face as she picks up her holo-com. The device flickers with a blue light that reads "Time remaining: 0:00:00". She didn't make it in time to postpone the automated message that would be sent to the head of the assassins.

A curse escapes her lips as the device flashes green and lines of writing pass through the air:

Mission retrieval:

Name: Clerxha XVI

Mission: Assassination of Sirain Dualcha, wanted on the grounds of multiple genocides, and his four assistants.

Dualcha has been located behind the court of Queen Cirsae, where he and his allies have begun to twist the minds of the rulers. Their next job would be to cause unrest among the citizen through murders of political figures.

Assassinate all of the members of this troupe before they exterminate another world.

The image of the now-dead man appears on screen, followed by four others: two men and two women. All have gray-hued skin, and serpentine-slitted eyes. Their hair is an ebony-black, unlike the standard pale yellows and light browns of the natives. They would be easy enough to find.

At the end of the message, there’s another list of numbers, indicative of the coordinates for the world portal. It should lead them to exactly where Cler’s holo-com was when it sent the message, meaning the cell-like torture chamber in which she is currently standing.

The assassin curses again, the words bitter on her lips as she causes the body to become invisible at her feet. That should last a solid half-hour, she thinks, mildly cursing her lack of impulsivity and how that's sent out a minor S.O.S. to Aixus, if he can figure it out.

Well, even though she doesn’t need the backup, it’ll certainly make the mission go faster. The brunette takes a deep breath, pulling her magical bag of chemicals over her shoulder. If she's calculated this correctly, someone will be here within a matter of minutes.

Might as well wait.

She taps her foot on the stone floor, the sound echoing slightly in the room.

Four more to go.
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Title: Abyssal Assassin
    Primary Role: Tank
    Sub-role:

Assassination: Retrieval Empty Re: Assassination: Retrieval

Post by AixusXXIX Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:52 am

Drops of sweat drop on the floor of the training room of the assassin's headquarters as a shirtless and very sweaty Aixus stands on his right hand's index finger, middle finger, and thumb. His left hand is extended all the way to his left and both his legs point upward in their respective directions.

So the Special Beam Cannon is like the Kamehameha?

No. The Kamehameha doesn't drill things.

Last time I checked, neither did Cannons.

"Thaaat's what makes it special."

"XXIX, Aixus, you have received one new notification."
    The computer says, interrupting the conversation that Aixus appeared to be having with himself. "Would you like to hear it?"

Aixus put his feet down and and stood up. "Yes, Whisper, go ahead." He says, grabbing a towel. "It is a mission sent by Clerxha, would you like me to regale you with the details?" Aixus walks closer to the hologram screen. "Sure. Put it up on the screen." He says throwing the towel away and putting on a shirt. "Very well, as you say." After a few moments, the mission details appear on screen.

Mission retrieval:
    Name: Clerxha
    Mission: Assassination of Sirain Dualcha, wanted on the grounds of multiple genocides, and his four assistants. Dualcha has been located behind the court of Queen Cirsae, where he and his allies have begun to twist the minds of the rulers. Their next job would be to cause unrest among the citizen through murders of political figures.
    Assassinate all of the members of this troupe before they exterminate another world.

Aixus looks at the screen and scratches his head.

What is it?

"Nothing, it's just strange."

What is?

"Why would she send this to me? She could very easily handle this herself."

Maybe she was too busy. Or maybe she just wants you to handle it.

"No, no way, something like this would have taken her like 2 days max."

Well, regardless, we still have the mission details, how do you want to proceed?

"Well, we have our mission, so lets get going. I actually have an idea."

A dark corridor opens next to Aixus leading to his room in the castle. After taking a quick shower, he got dressed and grabbed his coat and sword. Aixus pulls out a device from his pocket and speaks into it. "Whisper, I need the location of XXV, Gexka." The device makes a noise, confirming that it understood "XXV, Gexka located." A hologram of a map of the Dark City appears in front of Aixus and on it a single red dot.

"He's right here in the castle. Must be in his room." Aixus opens a corridor of darkness and walks through it. He emerges in front of Gexka's room. Aixus bangs on the door and waits for a response.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet
    Title: Resident Thief of The Dark City
    Primary Role: Thief
    Sub-role: Diplomat

Post by GexkaXXV Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:50 pm

I turn around slowly as the door to my room falls in; the knocking too much for its hinges to handle. I stand in the center of the room. Well, the remnants of a room. What furniture there was is either smashed to pieces, sprouting branches that crisscross the room, or both. The walls, where they can be seen through the vines, are pocked  with holes, scarred with burn marks, and dripping purple slime. The carpet is in shreds and the single remaining lightbulb looks ready to fall out of its fixture. Where there used to be a window, there is now a melted hole in the wall. It looks like a cross between a jungle and a war zone. The only upside is that I don't keep any personal possessions in the room, otherwise those would probably have been destroyed too. Oh, I also have what appears to be a Grovyle in a headlock. "Hey Aixus. Now might not be the best time."
    As if it knows I'm distracted, the Grovyle suddenly opens its jaws and Crunches down on my side. I let go with a yelp and before I can react, the Grovyle launches itself through the hole where the window used to be. I rub my side ruefully  and turn back to Aixus. "Nevermind. So did you want something?" I walk over to him and attempt to guide him away from the catastrophe that was my living space.
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:22 pm

The door falls in and Aixus just stands there, watching.

Hey that's one of the things from that other cartoon you watch that's the one with the cannon that drills things. What was it called again...Capsule Monsters?
    No! No. It's called Digi-

"Not now." Aixus says, interrupting. "I've known you for too long to even ask what this is about, so I'm just gonna cut straight to the chase. You're a dirty misfit, but you're all I've got, so you'll have to do. Now; there's no money for this and worst case scenario: You die. But, who knows? Maybe you won't." Aixus opens up a corridor of darkness. "Follow me if you want, otherwise close it behind me." Aixus walks through the corridor. After Aixus walks through the corridor, his voice echoes in Gexka's room. Also there might be a lot of loot like gold and stuff...

Aixus arrives at the world portal and starts punching in the coordinates while he waits for Gexka to show up.
    Enemy I
    Enemy I
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Enemy I Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:25 pm

In their spacious rooms in the castle, Dualcha’s assistants lounge about. One of the men sharpens the blade of his rapier, eyes flicking to the door and back to his blade. A woman with short hair rolls her yellow eyes towards the ornate ceiling, throwing a metal sphere into the air and watching it fall back down at a speed that is much too slow for normal. The other man ties off the end of his hair that’s been weaved into a long plait before filling an empty glass with water and drinking.

There’s a groan from the final member of their party, a middle-aged woman with white scars and black tattoos swirling across her torso and arms. ”Quit your childish antics. We’ve done this before.”

The man with the sword rolls his eyes at that. ”Yes, mother, we’re aware.” He sheathes the weapon in its scabbard on his back.

”Azarium’s impatient as always,” the woman points out. ”It’s not like we can do anything yet. You know how Sirain gets when there’s someone attempting to interfere…”

”I’m not impatient!”

”Ya know you ain’t gonna get better if you run off after every damn shadow,” the last man says in a gravelly voice. ”And no, I wasn’t readin’ yer mind.”

”Shut it, Nelisand.” He stands up, hands shoved into pockets of his pants. ”I’m checking in on Sirain and his prey.” The man scowls as he stalks out of the room.

”Paemeli, would you--”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m on it.” The woman follows the other member of their team, rolling her eyes once again.

"Nel, do you need to antagonize him? I know Sirain’s taking a while, but he hit that girl with the same amount of force that he would have used on a soldier. She’ll be out for another hour or so. Gods know how long he plans to play with his new toy.”

“I’ll just ask him.” His eyes glow a pale blue, and he whispers something. His face morphs into one of disdain. ”Well, shit.”
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:29 pm

I slowly shake my head as I watch Aixus's back disappear into the portal. "You are so not a people person," I mutter under my breath. In a city filled with only misfits, he still managed to make the word sound like an insult. "It's like I stepped on his grandmother's grave." I pause. Well I did go grave robbing a few weeks back. But he couldn't know about that. More likely he just has an iron pole rammed down his back. I turn his last words over in my mind. "Still, he does know how to get what he wants."
    I look toward the hole the Grovyle jumped out of. I should probably chase down the rogue plant creature I created before it does any more damage. I weigh the two options in my head; responsibility or loot. Even though the scale is so evenly balanced, somehow I quickly reach a verdict.
    I walk over to the mostly undamaged closet and, after a bit of rummaging, find a burlap sack without any holes in it. Another quick survey of the room tells me that any equipment I had stashed here us now junk. I dig the room key out of my pocket and toss it aside; I won't be coming back here again. Then, without another backwards glance, I jump through the portal after Aixus. "I'm coming my shinies. I'm coming."
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Aixus finishes up his inputs as Gexka shows up. After a couple of seconds pass, the portal turns on for the two to walk through. Aixus looks back at Gexka and says. "I don't know where this might lead us, so be prepared for anything." Aixus looks back at the portal and walks through with Gexka. The portal immediately closes once they walk through.

Once on the other side, they find a cell-like torture chamber with a single window. Aixus sees Clerxha standing a few feet in front him. "Hey. Is everything okay? It's not like you t-" He is cut off by the sound of footsteps only audible to a highly trained assassin. Assuming Clerxha hears it too and expecting her to go invisible, Aixus grabs Gexka and pulls him behind a nearby pillar large enough to hide both of them. Aixus quickly looks at Gexka and motions for him to be silent. As the footsteps grow loud enough for even a normal person to be able to hear, Aixus puts his hand on his blade. He waits, his body completely still, completely silent.
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:02 am

Clerxha's running scenarios in her head, contingency plans creating themselves and then splitting into different possibilities. She rolls her shoulders, letting her basic healing abilities dull the ache at the base of her neck. Can't say I was expecting him to get the drop on me, even though I didn't turn invisible... She checks her bag, while still keeping an eye on the room's lone entranceway.

A familiar-looking portal opens up behind her quicker than she had anticipated. A slight bit of amusement crosses her face when she sees that Aixus dragged Gexka along; she's not that surprised, given that the object removal specialist has nearly been inducted into the assassins.

"You're here." It comes out more like a surprised question than the statement it should be, and Cler's about to cut off his stream of questions when there's the barely-audible sound of footsteps. The steps pick up speed, and Cler presses her finger to her lips as she looks at the new arrivals. She winks before vanishing from sight, remaining in direct view of the doorway.

Cler raises her hands, her newer abilities coming into play. Faintly visible silvery constructs begin to form on a blindspot in the ceiling, and she's prepared to drop prison bars the second the now-approaching figure steps foot into the room. She's been on enough missions that she hopes her plan to quickly get rid of this guy once he's trapped is tacitly understood.
    Enemy I
    Enemy I
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Enemy I Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:23 am

Azarium bursts into the room, hands on his hips and a confused expression on his face when the chamber appears empty. "Sirain, where the hell did you go?" His confusion gives Clerxha's trap just enough time to take effect. The man immediately unsheathes his weapon and slashes twice at the prison bars to no avail before pointing the weapon at the ground and jumping. "You're dead, mousey!" The ground beneath him shatters with explosive force and he's on the floor below them. His maniacal laughter echoes up from the pitch-black hole. He's fast for sure, especially since not even ten seconds have passed since his entrance to the room.

Meanwhile in the castle halls, Paemeli walks leisurely, taking her time. She's not even halfway there when she grumbles to herself, "Of course I'm the babysitter as always." Her sour mood appears physically, manifesting itself and causing the metal sconces to warp and squish against the castle's walls. She hears a muffled explosion from her destination. "I'm going to murder you, Az!" She starts running.

Back in their quarters, the two others hold a quick conversation.

"What do you mean, he's not here?"

"I'm tellin' ya, there's two options. Sirain left this world ta torture the girl, or he's dead." The long-haired man shrugs. "Well, saves us time. We don't gotta kill him if he's already dead."

"Recall the others. If that girl could kill him, we're probably next." The now-leader grins. "That just means she's got a bounty on her head."

"I'll link us up," he says, eyes going glowing blue. The woman's eyes mirror his, and he speaks. "Plan's moved up. Paemeli, ya know what ta do."

They leave the room quickly, with a bloodthirsty look in their eyes.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Stepping out of the portal, the first thing out of my mouth is, "Loot?" I look around in confusion and my expression immediately sours as I take in the racks of torture instruments. Wherever we are I seriously don't like it (and I like everything). I acknowledge Clerxha with a nod, a bit surprised to find her here. "What-" Before I can get the question out, Clerxha puts a finger to her lips and Aixus pulls me behind one of the room's pillars. I can only assume one of them heard something, though it takes me a few seconds before I too can hear the approaching footsteps.
    Crouching behind the pillar and carefully peeking out, I can only watch as the few seconds of action unfold between a man with a rapier and who I assume to be an invisible Clerxha. I rise as the man disappears through the hole he created in the floor. I turn to Aixus, shrug, and then turn intangible and drop through the floor after the man. Looks like I ended up chasing something after all.
    As I hoped, the pillar continues down to the floor below. I use it to control my descent and land silently at its base. Clerxha and Aixus may have better ears than me, but I have no doubt that I have better eyes than them. To me the darkness is illuminated with a soft, multicolored glow that comes from the very matter itself. The man himself shines with a much more vibrant light and I can easily pick him out. In my hand, the burlap sack shifts slightly; the plant fibers expanding and relaxing. Without a sound, I dash out  from the pillar, quickly closing the distance between myself and the man. Once in range, I throw the sack at the man and then dive behind another pillar. In the air, the sack expands into a large, sturdy net that will wrap around and tightly constrict anything it comes in contact with.
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:04 am

Aixus facepalms after Gexka disappears to confront the man below. Through his electrolocation, he finds out someone is coming. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes to concentrate. There are four other electrical signals other than his own nearby. He takes a moment to focus on the one coming down the hall. After getting a feel for her current speed, he causes the pipes within the walls of the hallway to explode using the water inside.

Water bursts through the wall of the hallway just in front of where Paemeli would be if she kept running at her current speed, flooding the hallway in seconds. The water keeps coming out of the pipe automatically as if it were a broken fire hydrant. The water flows throughout the hallways of the castle and down the hole where Azarium and Gexka were. Electricity forms in Aixus' hand as he prepares to shoot a current of electricity into the water. Just before he does, he is interrupted.

WOAH! Hey! Don't forget, Gexka's still down there! I mean, I don't really care, but I think you do.

Aixus stops in his tracks and the electricity disappears from his hand. He draws his sword and waits in the shadows.
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:53 am

Clerxha takes a step back from the hole, removing the construct with a wave of her hand. She looks over to the others just in time to see Gexka phasing through the floor.

"Please tell me you brought comms," the brunette says, even though she knows that neither of them were wearing headpieces. Still invisible, she crosses the room to make Aixus invisible as well. She touches his shoulder as he closes his eyes, and now it's as though he can see simultaneously into two different spectrums. Dualcha's corpse lies unmoving on the floor, and Cler's about to say something when she also hears the footsteps.

She opens her bag, quickly grabbing and preparing a paralytic combination that should also slow down the target's mental capacity. Senbon made of magical energy are infused with the toxin, and she directs them towards the now-arriving target as the wall bursts forth with water, but the weapons aren't affected by the flow.

This is either gonna be a piece of cake or a long fight, the assassin muses as she watches her weapons hit her target. Her own mission briefing had been more in-depth, and she recognizes the woman as Paemeli, their metallurgist and geomancer. The one Gexka had gone after was Azarium, a skillful swordsman with an extremely powerful rapier. I really hope it's not the latter.
    Enemy I
    Enemy I
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Enemy I Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Azarium slows his pace slightly, wondering just where the person who attacked him is. Should he return to the torture chamber? No, the mouse would have to be an idiot to stay there. He hears something behind him--the dart of footsteps--and turns around on his heel, grinning sadistically. He's entirely unprepared for for the net that wraps around him, constricting his arms to his sides. "What, is that all you've got?" he asks as the material grows cold and brittle, starting with his weapon. It doesn't take much effort to break through the bonds and fire an explosive blast down the hall.

Sirain's done. Paemeli, the alarms. Az, you're killin' the girl."

Paemeli focuses on the alarm bells in the four corners of the castle, and the tolling echoes even below ground... as she's knocked off of her feet by the spray of water and needle-like pinpricks pierce her shoulders. Her body slows but she keeps moving, entering the room. The metal on the walls flies off, melding into a series of weapons. Her footsteps are heavy, but the weapons are flying about haphazardly, cutting and slashing through the air. They've got a poison-user and a water user, she manages to think, her natural resistance fighting off the poison. The metal weapons move systematically through the room, striking for anything hiding.

We're splittin' up. Paem. I'm with you. He draws out a pair of twin blades.

The two split up, moving to their separate destinations.

GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:17 pm

I watch with interest from behind the pillar as the swordsman sucks the heat energy from my net. I have to bite my tongue to hold back a witty retort. I doubt he can see in the darkness and I don't want to give myself away. Even if my words are hilarious. The man launches some sort of energy blast back the way I came from. It hits the far wall and explodes with loud bang and a flash of light. Perfect. As soon as my eyes readjust, but before my ears stop ringing, I dash out from behind the pillar with a dagger in each hand. This guy can't see and his ears should still be ringing too, so he shouldn't be able to block or counter my attack from the side. I lash out with two quick slashes and then follow up with a roundhouse kick. My boot glows palely with purple energy and should release an explosion on contact.
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Now invisible, Aixus sprints to the entrance as Paemeli enters the room. He successfully blocks all the metal weapons in his path, disregarding both his teammates because of their intangibility. As he approaches the hole, Aixus sticks his sword through the ground in an upright position. He then uses the sword to jump and with his previous momentum, he dropkicks Paemeli into the the wall of the hallway and lands a few feet in front of her. Still invisible, Aixus jumps to his feet and focuses electricity into his fingers, creating a strong piercing effect. He then prepares to thrust his hand through Paemeli's heart with the intention to kill her.
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:21 pm

An explosion rattles the floor beneath her feet, and the brunette takes a second to see what needs her attention more. As she sees Aixus dart forward, she knows that he can handle himself. Instead, she calls out, "You've got five minutes left. I'm going down!" and phases through the floor with the intention of aiding Gexka.

She darts down the hallway, her boots barely making a sound as she reaches where Gexka is fighting Azarium. She can see them once she's about five hundred feet away, and she concentrates in order to create another magical construct to block off the passageway on the other side of them. She grins as she creates another set of senbon, directing them to hover around for the second when there's a clear shot at the enemy.
    Enemy I
    Enemy I
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Enemy I Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Azarium moves his rapier to a defensive stance, laughing again. He's worked with explosives long enough that the resonating sound from the blast doesn't even affect his defenses. What catches him off guard isn't the boy's attack, but rather the fact that it's not the girl he'd seen before. He registers the two slashes to his side that barely knock him off balance, and he raises his blade to parry the roundhouse kick. The force from the resulting roundhouse kick's explosion pushes him back into recently created wall. "Explosions are mine!" he shouts with a surprising amount of rage, as a chain of three explosive bursts erupts from the end of his blade, forming a triangle around his new enemy. He feels pinpricks along the seams of his armor, and his body prevents the poison from spreading quickly. "Come out, come out, mousey!"

Paem instinctively begins to create armor from the rock floor beneath her as she sees the weapons getting parried as whoever it is moves closer to her. It's mostly finished by the time she's knocked against the wall with a solid kick to the torso, she's able to use her proximity to the wall to finish her earthen armor. Still, she doesn't like being cornered and her instincts prevent a strike to the chest, as Aixus' attack instead pierces the wall where her body had been a split second earlier. She claps her hands together and starts the creation of a dust cloud that will help her see this invisible foe.

There's the faint echo of footsteps down the hall, indicating the quick arrival of their remaining allies.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:50 pm

I snap my leg back and kick off the ground with my still glowing boot. The recoil from the resulting explosion launches  me backward in a graceful arc. Well it would have been graceful, if I hadn't been caught in the tail end of the triangle's explosion. The extra force sends me spinning and I crash face first at the base of one of the pillars. It was still rather graceful. I roll to me feet and in one smooth motion sheath my daggers and pull out four throwing knives, my touch making them explosive. "If they're yours that must make me a thief." I whip three of the knives at the swordsman in quick succession. "But since you asked so nicely you can have them back." The fourth knife I throw at the stone ceiling  above him, wanting in part to collapse it on his head, but mostly hoping to create a hole to the upper floor.
    Out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse  of Clerxha. Well not actually Clerxha, since all visible light energy is currently passing through her. I catch a glimpse of a blob of heat and magical energy that I assume to be Clerxha. Not speaking in any general  direction, I say, "Hey mousey, could you buy me a few seconds? I'll pay you back later."
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Aixus looks to his left at Paemeli, surprised that she was able to evade the strike. He notices that she's near the hole where he was sending the water through.

Looks like she a little bit more capable than your average foe. You know what they say: "Treat every enemy like they're your worst and you will always win." Whatever will you do next?

Aixus' sends more power to his hand and he breaks through the wall, reaching the water pipe behind it and piercing it. He feeds the coursing water large amounts of electricity continuously, and blasts her with a blast of electric water from behind her. He's about to follow up with another attack, when he hears the footsteps of more people approaching. Instead, he runs back into the room, grabs his sword and jumps through the hole to try and find Clerxha and Gexka.
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Cler smirks. She'd been far enough away not to be buffeted by the blast, but much to her chagrin, she had to cover her eyes from the flash of light. She's ready again in a matter of seconds, but she knows that every small moment counts, especially when dealing with a deadly opponent. Thankfully, she's able to maintain the wall-like structure behind Azarium, so their options are to fight or flee back up where they came from. Or walk through the walls, away from here.

Hearing Gexka's banter with the rapier-wielder, Cler nods despite her invisibility. Darting forward, she brushes gently into Gex, barely a touch against his shoulder as she continues moving. The action turns the object removal specialist invisible as she appears in his vision--something she's showed him before. A glowing tattoo appears around Clerxha's left arm, reminiscent of a thin chain circling in the space where her triceps and biceps are.

Thick links of magical energy surge out, originating from her location with the intention of binding Azarium's legs together and separating his arms. She exerts extra pressure on the enemy's sword arm with the hope of making his weapon fall to the ground by decreasing the function of the tendons in his wrist.

"Yo, thief. Occupied enough?" She probably could think of something wittier to say, but she doesn't have the patience to come up with a one-liner.
    Enemy I
    Enemy I
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Enemy I Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Azarium dodges the first two blades, parrying the third and dodging the explosion by darting forward. He's also out of the way of the cascading rubble from the ceiling, and he moves into a more defensive stance. It surprises him when the thief vanishes into the darkness, and he sees golden chains appear out of nowhere. His feet and arms are bound, and he manages to keep hold of his weapon, pointing it toward where the guy was. A glow forms at the tip before shooting off another explosion in that direction.

Paemeli manages to take a swing at the man who she can now see due to displacement of the dust in the air. She slashes at the man, moving forward. She’s blasted forward and some of the electrified water pushes into the cracks of armor. The water one’s got electricity, she tells the others as she forces herself to move out of the spray of water. Despite the electricity, she’s able to get out of the water as quickly as possible. We could use a bit of help. They’re strong.

I’m here, Nelisand confirms, looking around the room just in time to see something slip down the hole. He picks up Paemeli, taking her with him as they follow down into the cells of the castle. The hall is dark, and not conducive to a large-scale battle. He can't even see their opponents We need ta get somewhere else.

Get me through this damn magic barrier and I’ll move the entire fight.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:14 pm

I look down at the empty space that is now my body and smile. "More than enough." (I really wanted to say "Occupied like a porta potty," but I have more decorum than that.) After being turned invisible, I immediately shift my location to the opposite side of the room. A second later my move is rewarded as the place I was standing is blasted to smithereens.
    Closing my eyes for a moment, I latch onto the pieces of wood I feel on the floor above. An instant later, three pieces of heavy, wooden furniture fall through the hole I made in in the ceiling,one after another: first two chairs and then a table. The first chair lands on its legs and then gallops towards the swordsman. Once close, the back of its seat morphs into a lance, piercing the man's thorax. The second chair twists in midair, positioning itself to clobber the swordsman from above. The table lands and trots into a spot between the swordsman and me, close enough for me to reach if needed.
    From down the corridor, I hear splashes. I think someone is approaching us. At least, I think I do. From somewhere else in the fortress, I believe I can hear faint singing. Yes, I'm positive. The words are rather unclear, but I'm certain I catch, "Be our guest!"
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

Aixus runs through the lower levels of the structure they're in. Arriving to where Gexka and Clerxha are, he takes a moment to pause and access the situation.

They have a woman who can control earth. This guy right here makes things explode. And I know there's at least 2 more coming. We're outnumbered, but our quality could trump their quantity.

You're asking the wrong questions.

What?

Why are we even here?

We're here to assassinate the five people that razed worlds.

Yes, but why was the leader lying dead on the floor when we arrived?

And why are these "assistants" proving much more difficult to kill?

Aixus runs over to Clerxha. "I think you attacked too soon. We could have waited for this guy to leave and look for you while we formulated some sort of a plan. Any idea why these guys are stronger than the person who gave them orders? Because if you don't, then maybe a tactical retreat is in order. Knowledge is key and without out it, the mission complicates. There's definitely more going on here than one man and his four minions destroying worlds. Any idea what that is?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 am