Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lounge (OOC area)
by BruxiXXVIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 pm

» The Soul of Organization+
by RixupIX Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 pm

» So if I place this.....here
by RoixukXXII Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

» Picnic Time!!
by RoixukXXII Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

» Where are you?
by Muraxami XXXIX Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 am

» AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

» Assassination: Retrieval
by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

» PROGRESSION: This world bores me!
by Kané Dendou Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am

» Strange Signals
by GexkaXXV Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

» Organization 13+ BBQ!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

» Merely a Servant
by The Coat Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

» Blitz Rush
by GexkaXXV Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm

» Tealixa XXXI
by Tealixa XXXI Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 am

» BATTLE RACE!!!
by GexkaXXV Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

» The Stock Raider
by Kané Dendou Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

» Battle Royale 2016
by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

» Update on Elements and Magicks!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

» New Options for Nobodies!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

» The Mura-tatorship...
by Muraxami XXXIX Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

» Anthem of the Angel
by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

» *random portal appears*
by Kexan XV Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

» A numberless amount of portals
by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

» Let's Play A Game!
by RixupIX Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

» How...Is it possible....What.....To.....Do......
by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

» What would your boss music sound like?
by AxeliaLXIX Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

» Alright, lets play god.
by Lexi LXX Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:54 pm

» EXPANSION!!!!!
by GexkaXXV Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

» Suzu The Copycat.
by Gust Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this. 2.0
by Lexi LXX Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

» The Soulsmith's Forge
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

» Could someone tell me where to go?
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 pm

» Did i hear bored? How about a lake party?
by Leore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this.
by AixusXXIX Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

» We need some food.
by Lexi LXX Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

» Exene XCIII, The Holy Flames User
by Muraxami XXXIX Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

» A Chance Encounter
by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

» Getting to know my City.
by Muraxami XXXIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

» Now might be a better time.
by Leore Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

» Top Ten Superheroes of All Time
by GexkaXXV Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

» I'M BACK, BIRCHES!!!
by Acero Hierro Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:47 pm

» Um, hello?
by ClerxhaXVI Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

» The Grand Entrance
by AxeliaLXIX Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 pm

» Why People Don't Respond to Kexan's Topics
by Kané Dendou Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 am

» Simply because i can... and im bored.
by XirschLXXIII Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 pm

» Training Information!
by BruxiXXVIII Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

» Organization Bookstore
by ClerxhaXVI Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

» Unheard Anomaly...
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

» A Lovely Dinner Party
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

» Finally...it has been done.
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

» Open from DeviantArt
by Kané Dendou Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

» This is also what happens.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

» I apologize for Kané's......dumbassness.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

» The Golem's Awakening
by Acerva Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 am

5 posters

A numberless amount of portals

GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet
    Title: Resident Thief of The Dark City
    Primary Role: Thief
    Sub-role: Diplomat

A numberless amount of portals Empty A numberless amount of portals

Post by GexkaXXV Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:40 pm

"Come on Gexka, help us already!" As an afterthought the girl in front of me adds, "Please." I take a moment before replying, nervously looking around my shop from behind the counter. It's filled with a small crowd of nobodies, mostly teenagers but with a few older ones mixed in. The only real unifying feature of the group is that they're all numberless.
    "I don't know... why do you want to know how to use the corridors of darkness?" The girl, apparently the leader of the group, lets out an aggravated groan. I notice she has a purple streak in her hair. "Isn't it obvious? So that we can defend ourselves, or at least escape from trouble."
    I feel a bit overwhelmed by the girl's intensity.
    "Yeah, but the numbered are here to protect you..." The girl  snorts derisively. "Don't you get it? We don't trust you and we definitely don't want to rely on you. You might not have noticed but we're put in danger time and time again because of the enemies you attract and even from the numbered themselves. Your version of fun seems to be destroying a city block every week. How can you protect us when you're what we need protecting from?"
    I can't seem to find any words to say but the girl carries on without heeding me. I can tell she's thought about the issue a lot and is finally letting loose. "And let's say the numbered actually do care about our safety, wouldn't it make sense to give us a way to protect ourselves? If there's a fight we can evacuate. If someone attacks us we can escape. If we need help we can get it quickly. You know the numbered can't look after every single one of us and there will come a time when you can't or won't come flying to the rescue."
    She finally gives me an opportunity to speak and I blurt out the first thing I can think of. "But you don't even know if you can use the dark corridors." This time her laugh is cold. "We don't have hearts, remember? We gave those up when we fell into this miserable place. There's nothing left in us for the darkness to corrupt. We're just like you in that regard." I feel shocked. Both at the knowledge she has of the dark corridors and at the self-loathing I hear in her voice. I never realized nobodies could feel hate for the state they were in, though I suppose it makes does make a certain amount of sense.
    Though still lost in my thoughts, I know I've been beaten by this girl's arguments. Resigned, I ask one more question. "Why me? You obviously know what your talking about, so why not go to someone higher up? Honestly, I'm not even that great with corridors. I'm sure you could find a better teacher." The girl looks me up and down. She seems to be assessing me in her head. "Because you're a rule breaker. We know your the one who always steals from us. You think I don't recognize my skateboard over there." She jerks her head at one of the shelves. "If we go to Kexan or Aixus or someone else up there and they say no, that's the end of it. However, we know that you won't go to one of the higher ups to ask permission first. Like your sign so clearly advertises, you'll sell anything for the right price." She drops a heavy sack on the counter.  From just the sound of it I can immediately tell it's full of gold coins. My eyes widen slightly. "I explained the situation to you so neither I nor you feel guilty for doing this, but make no mistake, we're not here to ask for a favor. We're here to buy lessons on the dark corridors from you." I pick up the gold filled sack and nod slowly. I don't know why, I still don't feel reassured. "Alright." My voice sounds dry. "I guess I'm giving dark corridor lessons."
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet
    Title: The bookworm
    Primary Role: Assassin
    Sub-role: Alchemist

A numberless amount of portals Empty Re: A numberless amount of portals

Post by ClerxhaXVI Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Clerxha's bored with the lack of human (nobody?) interaction in the city, so she decides to leave the cozy environment of her bookstore to search for anyone that she knows. Really, it's like everyone has gone into hibernation or something, and it's not even that close to winter. After checking out Lexi's bakery and a couple other shops, Cler notices movement and a decent amount of people loitering--no, not loitering... impatiently waiting--in Gexka's shop. Curious, she picks up her pace to a brisk walk.

She silently slips into the shop as her friend is saying that the numberless (Cler's really starting to loathe that term) might not even be able to use the dark corridors. She remains noiseless until the girl mentions Kexan and Aixus. The brunette opens her mouth to refute the point, but really, she can empathize with the girl. Cler's pretty sure a large amount of her... off-world travels would be stopped entirely if she brought it to anyone else's attention. Pursing her lips together into a thin line, she thinks, Well, if he wants any help... I guess I could offer. But what happens if they think I'll tell? I really hope not...

The petite assassin weaves through the small group of people until she has a clear view of Gexka and the girl with what appears to be a bag full of gold. He seems to be questioning whether or not he should teach them, and Cler can't help but smile, remembering how awful he used to be at portals.

"Well," the girl cuts in snarkily, "At least you know how to use the portals now." A wide grin crosses her face, and she brushes the long locks of hair out of her face. "Want any help?"
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:30 pm

I look up from the bag of gold with a sharp retort. However, my words wither on my tongue when I see who the belligerent comment came from. "C-Clerxa how long have you been here?" I stammer guiltily. "I wasn't-I mean-we weren't-we didn't-ah-erm.... Wait. Did you say you'd be willing to help?"

Before I can fully organize my thoughts, a boy from the crowd calls out, "Hey, she's one of the numbered!" Which of course gets the group grumbling. The girl with the purple streak narrows her eyes at Clerxha suspiciously, but keeps her mouth closed. She seems to be waiting to see how we deal with the situation.

I finally realize that the responsibility of dealing with this rests on me. "Hey!" I finally shout. My voice goes unnoticed amidst the growing rumble. "Hey!" I shout louder but the volume in the room has now increased to a low roar. "Hey!" Frustrated, I clap my hands together, releasing a small but resounding explosion between them. The room goes silent. "Look, I've already agreed to teach you how to use dark portals. And," I enunciate each word clearly, "that is what I'm going to do. However, we're going to do it my way. Now I know you don't have much of an opinion of the numbered," a murmur starts up again, "But, I frankly don't care. You came to me. I'm a numbered. Clerxha's a numbered. Deal with it."

I turn to Clerxha and out of the corner of my eye I see the girl grinning slightly. I continue to speak loudly so everyone can hear me as I address Clerxha. "I'm sorry that a friend of mine would be treated so rudely in my own shop. Please forgive me. And if the offer still stands I would gladly accept your help." I pointedly ignore the death stares a few members of the crowd are giving me. I hear the door squeak as a few even walk out. "Anything you want to say to them?" I finally turn my head to look at the group and am relieved to see that even though we're still receiving some hostile looks, most of the nobodies just look nervous.
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Clerxha can't help the inward grin that she fails to hide under a defensive facade. Not that she'll admit it aloud, but she'd say that Gexka's handled the situation pretty well. She supposes that it helps that he's on more of the outskirts of the Numbered... law-wise, anyway. It isn't surprising when a handful from the group depart from the building, disgruntled. After nodding in appreciation to Gex, she turns around to face the remaining numberless.

She clears her throat, a quick pause before speaking. "I don't know why you hate me, or if you actually do hate me--probably just the rest of us in general. Honestly, I really wish I could get to know you, but it doesn't seem  like that's going to happen anytime soon." Cler does her best to hide the disappointment in her voice, but it's noticeable to anyone who knows her. "But that doesn't matter. I'm willing to help Gexka teach you."

She takes a step back, towards Gexka. Her fingers twist the ends of her long hair as she continues, "The Corridors are dangerous. If you'll let me, I'll explain how to use them safely, so in the case of an emergency, you can escape. Without killing yourselves." Clerxha lowers her hand, stilling her fingers. "However, the darkness can affect you, even though we are neither darkness nor light."

Glancing over to Gexka, she grins with a sparkle in her eyes. "Are you sure you want to proceed?"
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Title: Abyssal Assassin
    Primary Role: Tank
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:42 am

Aixus had been standing within the crowd the entire time. He was always around when Numberless were grouping up and they never took kindly to his presence since he was a higher up. That's why this time he had on a black cloak on with a hood that covered his face. He also had a mask on fitted with a voice changer developed by Kané. The mask itself was made of microlattice, some sort of synthetic porous metallic material, consisting of an ultra-light metal foam that is supposed to be indestructible, at least according to Kané and it was attached to his face by some device that Kané developed that had to be turned off before the mask would come off. Aixus also wore a long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the middle of his forearm. He was wearing a chestplate made out of microlattice that covered his torso that matched his mask. He has black fingerless gloves on with microlattice covering his knuckles. He also wore black cargo pants with black military combat boots. He even changed the color of his eyes by wearing contacts made by, you guessed it, Kané that made them look silver. It was a mystery why he wore such a heavy disguise, but it was clear that nobody would be able to fully recognize him.

Aixus made his way to the front of the group until he was next to the girl with the purple streak in her hair. He knew his unusual appearance would grab both Gexka's and Clerxha's attention, but even then he just stood there and, for now, he remained quiet while the two Numbered talked.

Last edited by AixusXXIX on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lexi LXX
    Lexi LXX
    Level 21
    Level 21

Character sheet
    Title: Dark Valkyrie
    Primary Role: DPS
    Sub-role: Tank

Post by Lexi LXX Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:06 pm

I had decided to close shop for today and roamed the dark city. The lack of activity was only growing so i thought I'd see if any others were around. As i approached Gexka's shop a small group of people were exiting and grumbling on about something. As i got closer I smiled politely and waved. The moment they saw me their eyes widened and darted towards the shop then back at me. I raised a brow noticing them starting to go back in but go running off instead.
    "That was...strange."I was aware that the citizens of the city weren't really fans of ours but...I've never gotten that reaction before. I look over at the shop and slowly make my way inside to overhear what all the commotion was about. Everyone was more focused on Clerxha to notice my presence at first so I took that time to eyes the crowd. By the looks of it the girl with the purple streaked hair is their "Leader"."So..teaching the citizens how to use dark corridors huh..?"I say finally speaking up and making my way forward. I look over from Cler to Gex with my brow raised.
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet
    Title: Winter's Wrath
    Sub-role: DPS

Post by BruxiXXVIII Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Bruxi let out a gasp as he awoke from a deep slumber; a nightmare. All he saw was Darkness, and a freezing chill. He'd....never felt cold before. He raised a hand to his head and was shocked at what he found: sweat. First, a nightmare...then, a cold sweat? This was extremely unusual for our Frigid Nobody, and so, he was wide awake- and confused- as he sat atop his couch in his Shop, down in the Dark City. As he stood and stretched, he noticed a herd of Numberless walking down the street, grouped together. Of course, he bothered to listen to their casual discussions.

Tch...goddamn Numbered...thinking they're all THE best thing since sliced bread..makes me sick. Won't even teach us lessons without bringing in their buddies at the damn thief's pawn shop....

Bruxi stood a moment, blinking blankly. Teach? Lessons? At...Gexka's?
    With a great sigh, he threw on his coat and closed his eyes. A Dark Corridor appeared before him. He stepped through and emerged in a crowded pawn shop, just behind Gexka. He gazed out at the crowd before him, and his comrades, and rested a steady hand atop Gexka's shoulder.

Of course, he was quite aware that the Numberless were restless, envious, outraged, afraid, weak and ambitious. It was only a matter of time before something of a larger scale happened.

He cleared his throat and spoke to the crowd.

"Good day. Perhaps, some of you know me. Perhaps, some of you do not. My name is Bruxi Everest, a Numbered Nobody for quite some time now. I understand your unrest, and refusal to stand aside to let us be your saviors; I, too, would be vexed by such a situation. However, the fact of the matter is...you do not possess the power to do much that we do. Perhaps we could teach you remedial techniques, such as accessing Dark Corridors,

He pointed to the one he'd only just exited that was closing as he spoke.

or perhaps even actual self-defense. Now, will you be as strong as we Numbered? Perhaps...perhaps not. Will you be weak yet still? Only if you allow yourself to be. Simply because you are not Numbered, not gifted as we, does not mean you must be weak. Comparable are we, as we are all imperfect beings, lacking balance. However, be warned: No knowledge comes without its price. Perhaps you learn to use the Corridors...perhaps you succumb to the Darkness, perhaps you become lost in the Void. Do not focus your negativity on us; instead, focus on yourselves, and each other. All are born with innate goodness; you need only nurture it...as I shall. If it is mastering weaponry, I shall teach you. If it is mastering the Corridors, I shall teach you. If it is self-control, I shall teach you. Able-bodied as well, are my comrades. If you would choose to learn from one such as I, then come to me."

As he finished his lecture, Bruxi stepped away from the crowed and stood in the far, northwestern corner of the Shop, eyeing the crowd curiously.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:31 pm

If Clerxha's speech is meant to be reassuring it's not. When she explains the danger, the already nervous nobodies turn panic-stricken and even the stoic ones pale slightly. As for me, I'm just glad I don't have to do this alone. "Thank you Clerxha. I think the real question is are they sure?" I raise my voice. "While you can back out at anytime, now would be best." None of them move. "Okay then. Well, since the park is nonexistent and the training area basically off limits, I suppose we could go..."

I trail off as two things happen simultaneously. One, a person clothed in black steps forward, out of the crowd and seems to silently confront Clerxha and I. Two, Lexi speaks up from the back of the crowd, drawing all the numberless's attention as well as the defensive retort of the girl with the purple streak. "Yeah, you got a problem with that?"

With the numberless distracted I focus my attention on the cloaked man. My subconscious is telling me I know this guy, but for the life of me I can't place a face. When I peer into the shadow of his hood I'm startled to find that his face is covered with a mask with only his silver eyes shining out. Now warning bells are going off in my head and I look at Clerxha to see if she has any idea who this guy is. However, since he's not doing anything my priority of focus shifts again when a portal forms in the air and Bruxi walks out.
    Which is probably the worst thing that could happen. The crowd was nervous before. Lexi's sudden appearance set them on edge. Bruxi's arrival and subsequent speech sends half of them stampeding for the door, unable to deal with the four numbered in the same room. There are about fifteen left. They all have a set look of determination.

I look up at Bruxi. "You're going to have to work on your timing." The girl now rounds on Bruxi. "You don't think we know all that! Why do think we're here! And don't get all high and mighty with your noble speech and fancy words! I haven't seen a single numbered offer to train anybody once since I got here! Yes, you have power. But can you 100% guarantee that you'll always be around?" Can you guarantee to save every single person every single time?" She let's out a sigh and seems to deflate a bit. "Look, those of us still here, we want to learn. We're willing to work. We will become stronger so that we can protect our families, friends, and homes." She gestures towards the other numberless who are nodding in agreement. "So we accept your offer to teach us. All of us. But we accept because this is what you owe us, the citizens of the Dark City. Because it's our city too!" Having got out what she had had to say, the girl looks at the ground. An older man, probably in his late fifties but with a strong body, steps forward and speaks for the first time. "Alright then. Half of us will go with Bruxi and half with Gexka and Clerxha. We'll switch back and forth as we go." He moves toward Bruxi with half the group. The girl with the purple hair moves towards me with the other half. I smile encouragingly. "Well, you definitely got more than you bargained, I mean paid, for. I'm keeping this by the way." I heft the bag of gold behind the counter.
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:56 am

After her speech, Cler immediately feels a pang of guilt; she didn't intend to make any more nervous than before. It's evident on several of their faces, but she's happy that none leave when Gexka offers that option. As one of the numberless moves to the front, Cler's eyes narrow. She's about to ask for his name--something about him was similar. His movements are so similar she would swear she's seen him before. But before she's able to inquire, Lexi arrives, followed by Bruxi through a portal. The numberless appear antsy, and she watches several start inching closer and closer to the door. Cler doesn't interrupt Bruxi's speech, even though she can sense that the numberless are becoming anxious.

Silently conceding that the girl has a point, Cler lowers her head slightly. I knew that they wanted to be able to defend the city and their families. I just hadn't realized how much, she thinks, And since so many of us are always out of missions, it would be safer if everyone can defend themselves--especially the numberless because they are like us, albeit with weaker abilities.

As the older numberless separates the group, Cler walks closer to the girl. Tilting her head up to look at the purple-haired girl's face, the brunette says in a voice that can't be overheard, "I hadn't thought about it like that. I'm sorry."

She looks over towards Gexka and the crowd of people. She notices that the mysterious numberless is among those in her and Gexka's group, and she makes a mental note to silently observe him. She puts a hand on her hip as she turns to face the "object removal specialist". "So, want to head out? We can't use the park because it's still a crater, and the arenas are off-limits. There's a couple still-empty warehouses on the outskirts of the city, if you think that'd be good?" She pauses for a second before adding, "We should also bring more cloaks." She's fairly certain there's a only a few in the back of Gexka's endless shop, but she doesn't want to mention it with everyone there. If not, she does have some old ones in her apartment, which is fairly close by. But there aren't many easily accessible. Instead, she glances over to the angel. "Lexi, could you stick with Bruxi and help him out, if he needs any help?"
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Aixus just stands there, not moving a muscle or even blinking the entire time this is happening. He watches as Gexka puts the sack of gold behind the counter. Finally speaking up, he says "One moment..." He stops for a second. His voice literally sounds like Darth Vader's, a feature that Kané most likely found hilarious to add in. That being said, his voice is firm and can be heard easily by everyone.

Aixus walks behind the counter and grabs the sack of gold, lifting it with his left arm. "You owe us, remember? As such, we'll be taking this back." He says walking over the girl with the purple streak in her hair and dropping the bag next to her. "I trust you'll make sure everyone gets their munny back?" Turning back to Gexka and the rest of the Numbered. "Any objections?" He said, looking directly at Gexka.
    Lexi LXX
    Lexi LXX
    Level 21
    Level 21

Character sheet

Post by Lexi LXX Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:15 pm

I turn to the girl raising my hands up in surrender."There is no need to get angry with me, I've done nothing to directly offend you-" I sigh and shake my head as Bruxi appears and goes on with his speech. I try to silently reassure some of the anxious citizens as I make my way to the others. I look over at Clerxha and give her a reassuring smile.'Don't blame yourself...You guys are almost always out on missions to protect our people, in our eyes we were handling the bigger enemies, the big picture so to speak..where as the citizens are more focused on the smaller details that occur everyday. We were doing the right thing but they have a point, teaching them basic defense would benefit everyone.'I look over at the masked man and tilt my head slightly.'You're being a bit strange huh?...how long will that last?'I look back at the girl as she speaks up again. I nod silently and watch as the older man splits the group. Just then Clerxha asks if i can stay with the other group and a cant help but frown a bit."I see, well I don't know what much help I'll be- oh I see! *sigh* Yes i will stay and make sure nothing gets out of hand. Good luck with your group. Oh! and don't beat yourself up if things get stressful."
    I give her a warm smile and wave to Gexka, giving the masked figure one last glance before heading over to Bruxi gently pulling him aside."Hey, if this is going to go smoothly you're going to have to play nice. Now i know I'm not the ideal person you'd probably want to help you...but I'll do my best."
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet
    Title: Winter's Wrath
    Sub-role: DPS

Post by BruxiXXVIII Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Bruxi raised a brow at the Husky and Dark tone of the one who reclaimed the gold and sighed. Munny was meaningless to him; materialism fell deaf against his ears. He now raised his head and awaited the Numberless to make their way to him. He frowned greatly as he noticed Clerxha suggest Lexi split to him. He shook his head at the Angel.

"I need not your help...your Light would only hinder me."

He offered her a demonstration. He held up a hand, cupped, palm-up, and generated an orb of Ice. Within this orb, Darkness swirled within, uniformally against the walls of the orb. However, when he extended the orb towards Lexi, the Darkness began to grow restless, forcing its way against the walls to her.

"Darkness wishes to consume Light; Light wishes to cast out Darkness. This is how it has always been, and how it shall always be. My very element responds negatively towards you, Angel. It would be best if you were to work with the others."
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:58 pm

The girl smiles at Clerxha and before she turns away says softy, "Thank you. I've kinda been hoping a numbered would say that, but I didn't think one actually would. I'm Lilax by the way."
    I turn myself to look at Clerxha and nod in agreement with what she said before. "Yeah, the warehouses sound good. Though, there might be some heartless camping in them. Oh, and we might also want to bring some padding to practice landings. I've got some mattresses in the back that we can use as well as a few coats that I've- uh- outgrown (Obvious lie; nobodies don't grow)." I give the address of the warehouses to our group and tell them to meet us there in 45 minutes with helmets. That should give us plenty of time to transfer any supplies to the warehouse as well as wipe out any unsavory visitors.
    I then spin around, turn intangible, and have one foot through the back door when Mr. Mask, who I had forgotten till now, finally makes his move. I know guys who wear masks are usually a bit nasty but this guy is just plain evil. "A-a-ny Obj-jections!!!" I manage to sputter out. I violently thrust my hand into the air. "I OBJECT!!! I object, I object, I object!" The girl, Lilax, calmly picks up the bag and throws it over her shoulder. She grins at me. "Sorry Gexka, but munny is munny and well, you're not quite the asset you were 15 minutes ago." She waves at me, then flounces out of my shop.
    My jaw rest on the floor for a solid minute before I round on Mr. Mask. This time my tone is a chilly calm. "I owe a lot of people a lot of things. And never have I felt inclined to give anything back to any of them. Just know this, I now know that sack of shiny gold is out there somewhere." A maniacal gleam enters my eye and I my next words come out as a mad laugh. "And I'm already drooling just thinking about hunting it down." I take a deep breath and close my eyes. When I open them I'm calm again. "And one more thing. I refuse to teach you anything unless you remove the mask. How do I know you're even a nobody at all?." I see curiosity enter the eyes of a few of the numberless still in the shop. Apparently they weren't able to see this guy's mask in the shadows of his hood and are only now becoming aware that he is indeed wearing a mask.
    I leave him to their stares and turn to Lexi and Bruxi who are having some sort of disagreement. "Lexi you don't have to go with Dr. Gloom if you don't want to. We could use your help too. Trust me, I've never even seen you use a dark portal, but I can assure you you're better than I am."
    I make another move to the back door. I figure I'll bring the stuff out here and then we'll either haul or dark portal it to the warehouses. I'm stopped by the sight of Bruxi's group of numberless still surrounding him. "Oh yeah, Bruxi, will you be coming with us to the warehouses or do you have somewhere else in mind? And you're training with weapons, right? Do you need me to get any for the numberless to use?"
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Clerxha's sad that Bruxi won't accept Lexi's assistance with the numberless (seriously, they need to do something about that name) because she would be a great help if the others get frustrated with him at all. But what will happen will happen. "I guess you're coming with us, huh, Lexi?" Cler extends a hand to the angel, "I'd love any help we can get." Directing her thoughts to the angel with hopes that Lexi will overhear her thoughts, You can totally help us with teaching calm and restraint; which I'm pretty sure will be necessary.

She moves towards Gexka after the thief's outburst to the masked numberless. She spares a glance at Bruxi, who apparently intends to teach the numberless with weapons (wow, she really faded out at that point in the conversation) before smiling at Gexka. "I'll help you transport whatever you need." Some of the numberless depart from the shop, and Cler waves a goodbye towards them. She's recognized a couple from her bookstore; much to her chagrin she hasn't had the chance to ask their names.

So we're seriously doing this? I really hope the Leader doesn't throw a fit... At least Aixus is off world too... The brunette takes a deep breath and smiles more than she has in weeks. "I'm seriously excited for this!"
    AixusXXIX
    AixusXXIX
    Level 23
    Level 23

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by AixusXXIX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 pm

Aixus doesn't hear any telepathic voices in his head, courtesy of the mask he was wearing. So, if Lexi was talking to him, he wouldn't know it and she wouldn't be able to find out his identity by reading his mind, which, by the way, is a huge invasion of privacy to do without permission. Aixus looks up at Gexka when he asks to take off the mask. "My face bears scars from your last attempts to protect us. The mask will not be coming off. If if you want proof that I am a Nobody, I can provide it." Aixus puts his arm up and makes a very sloppy and weak looking corridor that purposefully falls apart. "I have been trying to master the technique on my own since I received the only thing you Numbered have truly given me. You will teach me how to master this technique because you owe me, if you refuse, I'll make you regret it." Aixus is being very demanding on purpose, knowing that the Numbered would rather not start anything and that they will most likely back down.
    Lexi LXX
    Lexi LXX
    Level 21
    Level 21

Character sheet

Post by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Lexi's warm smile started to fade as Bruxi turned down her offer to help him. She looked down at the orb and watched the darkness reach toward her and she nearly shuddered. She raised her hand motioning that she had enough of the demonstration and the darkness inside nearly broke out. She took a few steps back and nodded.
    "Yes..I understand. Good luck with your group then Bruxi."She mustered up her best smile and turned as Gexka spoke up. Her smile dropped when he joked that her portals are far better than his.
    "Actually I can't..."Her voice trailed off and she sighed hearing Clerxha's thoughts. The angel smiled at her thankful of her kindness and took her hand. "Happy to help in any way I can."
    Lexi raises a brow at the man's response and shoots Clerxha a glance before walking over and placing a gentle hand on his shoulder."Threatening us won't put you on our good side. Just relax, we have already agreed to help all of you who are willing. But you must be patient and work with us. If you refuse to take off the mask then you can not complain if we watch you closely, I think that is fair, yes?""Lexi smiles sweetly and looks at the others for their reply.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:49 am