Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lounge (OOC area)
by BruxiXXVIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 pm

» The Soul of Organization+
by RixupIX Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 pm

» So if I place this.....here
by RoixukXXII Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

» Picnic Time!!
by RoixukXXII Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

» Where are you?
by Muraxami XXXIX Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 am

» AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

» Assassination: Retrieval
by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

» PROGRESSION: This world bores me!
by Kané Dendou Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am

» Strange Signals
by GexkaXXV Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

» Organization 13+ BBQ!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

» Merely a Servant
by The Coat Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

» Blitz Rush
by GexkaXXV Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm

» Tealixa XXXI
by Tealixa XXXI Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 am

» BATTLE RACE!!!
by GexkaXXV Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

» The Stock Raider
by Kané Dendou Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

» Battle Royale 2016
by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

» Update on Elements and Magicks!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

» New Options for Nobodies!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

» The Mura-tatorship...
by Muraxami XXXIX Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

» Anthem of the Angel
by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

» *random portal appears*
by Kexan XV Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

» A numberless amount of portals
by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

» Let's Play A Game!
by RixupIX Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

» How...Is it possible....What.....To.....Do......
by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

» What would your boss music sound like?
by AxeliaLXIX Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

» Alright, lets play god.
by Lexi LXX Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:54 pm

» EXPANSION!!!!!
by GexkaXXV Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

» Suzu The Copycat.
by Gust Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this. 2.0
by Lexi LXX Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

» The Soulsmith's Forge
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

» Could someone tell me where to go?
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 pm

» Did i hear bored? How about a lake party?
by Leore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this.
by AixusXXIX Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

» We need some food.
by Lexi LXX Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

» Exene XCIII, The Holy Flames User
by Muraxami XXXIX Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

» A Chance Encounter
by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

» Getting to know my City.
by Muraxami XXXIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

» Now might be a better time.
by Leore Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

» Top Ten Superheroes of All Time
by GexkaXXV Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

» I'M BACK, BIRCHES!!!
by Acero Hierro Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:47 pm

» Um, hello?
by ClerxhaXVI Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

» The Grand Entrance
by AxeliaLXIX Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 pm

» Why People Don't Respond to Kexan's Topics
by Kané Dendou Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 am

» Simply because i can... and im bored.
by XirschLXXIII Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 pm

» Training Information!
by BruxiXXVIII Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

» Organization Bookstore
by ClerxhaXVI Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

» Unheard Anomaly...
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

» A Lovely Dinner Party
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

» Finally...it has been done.
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

» Open from DeviantArt
by Kané Dendou Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

» This is also what happens.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

» I apologize for Kané's......dumbassness.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

» The Golem's Awakening
by Acerva Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 am

3 posters

The Loneliness of he who dwells in the Dark

BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet
    Title: Winter's Wrath
    Primary Role: Tank
    Sub-role: DPS

The Loneliness of he who dwells in the Dark Empty The Loneliness of he who dwells in the Dark

Post by BruxiXXVIII Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:25 am

Mayix sighed to himself as he contemplated in his dwelling; the castle's basement. 
    Not a soul dwelled here but himself, nor did he usually ever receive visitors.

....................................................Solitude.........................................................

But a thought poked at him for quite some time; perhaps, he deserved to be alone? Did he truly deserve to have friends? Family? A lover? Was he, he who was consumed by the Darkness so long ago...was he allowed such privileges?

.....A hard question indeed. 

He sighed once more.
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Title: The Geologist
    Primary Role: Geomancer
    Sub-role:

The Loneliness of he who dwells in the Dark Empty Re: The Loneliness of he who dwells in the Dark

Post by Annie deGreis Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:48 pm

I was lost, again. There was something to be said about my poor sense of direction. I made my way down a set of stairs- hopefully down to the main entrance. Instead I came across a door.
    Do I open it? Do I turn around? Oh, whatever. I'll only live once, right?
    I twisted the handle and pushed open the door. It was dimly lit, and I couldn't make out much more than the outlines of shapes. I took a few steps inside before hearing a sigh from the depths of the darkness.
    "H-hello?" I called out, my voice echoing slightly in the room. "I-is anyone th-there..?"
    Maybe it's just my imagination...
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

The Loneliness of he who dwells in the Dark Empty Re: The Loneliness of he who dwells in the Dark

Post by BruxiXXVIII Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Mayix's eyes looked up abruptly, as his crimson eyes gazed at the intruder. It was...Annie?..
    The girl seemed vaguely familiar, if at some time, he may have known her. Mayix stood, and looked at the open door. His voice echoed throughout the dark room.

"That door must remain closed at all times...close it...please."
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:01 pm

I jumped at the sound of the voice.
    Nope, not my imagination.
    It took me a second to realize two things. One, the voice was familiar. Two, he was asking me to close the door.
    "Bruxi?" I asked, turning around to squash the light that was filtering into the room. "I-is that you? A-and sorry about the door... I did not see a sign. Actually, I can't see much," I commented jokingly.
    Why is he hiding in the dark...? I wondered as I turned back around to meet a startling pair of red eyes.
    "Aaa-! Wait, y-your eye color... changed...?" I asked, my voice rising in pitch as I asked the question. I blinked, trying to get my eyes accustomed to the darkness.
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:44 am

Mayix pondered a moment. Yes...at one time, he was the man she referred to...
    "I am he...but not, at the same time...to save the life of Sketch and my child, I entered the core of her Darkness...and lost."
    He paused a moment, thinking back to the events that happened, what seemed so long ago.

"I have the same memories, and experiences...but I am not the same...Darkness is all I am now; and all I may ever be..."
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:15 pm

I raised an eyebrow. It was confusing yet not confusing... Despite not believing that he would lose, this person in front of me was still one of my friends.
    "I don't believe you," I said after his voice trailed off. "There's always more. One trait does not define a person."
    Why do you sound so defeated?
    A new question came to mind.
    "O-oh yes, I should ask... If you are no longer Bruxi... then what do I call you?"
    My eyes had finally adjusted enough to the darkness and I took a step forward, nearly tripping over something, but I caught myself. "I-I'm sorry... I hope that was not important..."
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Mayix's eyes shifted away from her, as he stood in the corner yet still. He spoke in a tired manner. "When it comes to Light and Dark, one may usually be a tad bit of both, thus having a perfect balance; I have lost my Light..." He sighed. "I do not believe myself to be Bruxi any longer...so you may call me Mayix..number 82..." As she struck the object, his eyes quickly turned to see what it was that she hit. ....It was important. He sighed once more, and approached her slowly, his crimson eyes the only parts of him visible. "That...was my Skull Pendant formed of ice..."
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:17 pm

"I-I'm s-so sorry!" I exclaimed, "I-I don't think I cracked it or anything..."
    I hope...
    I picked the item up gently, holding it out to him, or rather where I assumed he was. "It's probably best i-if you keep it somewhere wh-where I can't accidentally destroy it...
    "Maybe I should just leave... t-take me and my clumsiness elsewhere, r-right?"
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Mayix's eyes shifted to the girl, and his pendant. He lifted it out of her hands, and looped it around his neck, where it belonged. "...Indeed, I should be more careful with it; forgive me, I do not receive many visitors down here...How did you find this place, if I may ask?" 
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:10 pm

"U-um, that's a funny story, actually," I said in a tone that indicated the opposite. "I think I m-might have the world's worst sense of direction."
    And it might be true too, I mused, shaking my head with a short laugh.
    "I-I got lost and decided to give up finding... wh-whatever it was th-that I was looking for. S-see? I can't even r-remember now, huh."
    I squinted, trying vainly to figure out the layout of the room.
    "But at the same time, I must have a pretty decent sense of direction b-because I'd also been wondering wh-where you'd vanished off to... Sort of weird not k-knowing where people vanish off to, I s-suppose."
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:41 am

Mayix looked at the woman and raised a brow. Why did she seem...afraid? She was stuttering, seeming nervous. Mayix approached the woman more, finally arriving directly in front of her. He took her hand, and placed it upon his cheek.

"...And is this what you expected to find?" 
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:06 pm

I smiled before slowly taking his hand off of my cheek. "N-no. To be entirely honest, I expected to see the dark city when I walked through that door."
    Realizing that that may not be what he actually meant by his question I hastily added, "A-and I suppose I didn't expect to see a different you entirely either..."
    My voice trailed off into silence and I laughed awkwardly, rubbing my hand on the back of my neck.
    "S-so," I asked curiously, "H-how have you been, other th-than the darkness... thing...?"
    (ooc: swore I posted earlier, sorry)
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:50 am

Mayix nodded and let his hand fall back to his side, but slowly raised it back up, folding his arms underneath his chest. His scarlet eyes blinked slowly, still looking at her, noticing all movement. 

"I suppose I have been...quite lonely. I find very few left to confide in, feeling not as useful to those whom I had the demolished pleasure of calling "friends"...I feel only my brother may still recognize me...and I wonder if Sketch still feels for me as I do for her..."
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:43 pm

I dropped my hand to my side as I listened to him speak. He seemed so... I couldn't even think of the right word to describe it.
    "Well... I sort of recognized you," I spoke quietly, trying to lift Mayix's spirits. "And t-to be honest, I've never... really met Sketch, so I w-wouldn't be able to tell you about how she's doing..." My eyes blazed with some emotion that I rarely felt. Stubbornness, perhaps? "And you're not alone!"
    You've got all of us who are your friends, I thought as I put my hands on my hips in a manner that would appear insulted but actually wasn't.
    "A-and you have a brother??" Curiosity once again got the better of me, the question blurted before my mind could hold my tongue.
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Mayix raised his eyes, his gaze meeting hers. Her expressions...pleased him? Did she...care? Upon hearing her words of his not being alone, he stifled a small smile. 

"Quite kind of you. And indeed, I have a brother. He has gone through many changes, as have I throughout our existence. You may know him as Muraxami, or Hixari." 
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:13 am

I found myself pursing my lips, and made a point to lower the hands from my hips. I felt a smile cross my face as he called me kind. Normally it's either logical or quiet...
    Trying to place the name, I rocked onto the heels of my feet. "Hm," I whispered, the name not sounding familiar whatsoever. "I-I don't believe I have met him. Heard of him, perhaps, b-but I doubt I've had the- oh. I've heard of him, the Guardian of this world or something..." I shrugged.
    "Seems like a lot of the siblings h-here are brothers- you and your brother, the leader guy and his flame-brained brother..." My voice trailed off as I thought about the elder brother I had practically deserted on my home world.
    I clutched at the heirloom knife that was perpetually strapped to my leg, running a handle over the hilt. I wonder how he's doing...
    I shook my head, "S-sorry, I spaced out th-there for a second..."
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:21 am

Mayix nodded his head, her smile putting him at ease, oddly. 

"Indeed, our Guardian, a great one at that. And then there is your sister as well. Clerxha." 

Mayix still retained the memories of when he'd first brought Annie to meet Clerxha, when he was once Bruxi. 

"It's quite alright. If you'd like, I will guide you out of here, and hopefully to where you wish to be." 

He smiled softly, but this was not visible, the darkness too heavy to see through, for her at least. He could, his vision excellent, having been able to see an outline of a sharp object on her leg. 
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:17 pm

My smile dimmed, fading as a hint of nostalgia washed over me. After all, he was the one who helped me find my sister...
    Has it really been nearly a year? I thought. But before I could reminisce further, he spoke again.
    I nodded appreciatively; I did not want to get lost again. It was becoming a common occurrence, much to my chagrin.
    "I-I'd appreciate that very much... I-if you don't mind, that is..." I replied, silently cursing my stammer. "I guess i-it would be good for me to head back soon a-anyway..."
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 pm

The man nodded and walked over to the door, opening it and soon exiting. He turned and stood outside of its entrance and waiter for her.  "Then come, let us be on our way." 
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:15 pm

I followed Mayix out of the pitch-black room, stumbling slightly over the doorframe. I caught myself and paused a second, giving myself a chance to get accustomed to the light once more. Blinking the light out of my eyes, I was finally able to see Bru- Mayix. It certainly would take some time to familiarize myself myself with the new name.
    His skin was black, almost stony... like obsidian, I realized. His eyes were a deep red, not much different than how they appeared in the dark. But his face was similar to how I remembered it; although, it had been a long time since I had seen him.
    Well, I thought, It's certainly different.
    Realizing I hadn't shifted my attention away from his face, I quickly averted my eyes. I could feel my face flushing in embarrassment. "S-sorry," I stammered, "I just r-realize your appearance had changed... I d-didn't mean to stare."
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:13 am

He chuckled lightly, his tone sounding hollow and dark. "Worry not about such trifling matters. You can not be blamed; Indeed, I have changed much...for better or for worse, one can only guess, it seems. " 

He resumed the walk, leading her up a large flight of stairs back up towards the main lobby of the castle. 

"This is the main lobby; from here, you should be quite alright." 
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 am

"Th-thank you," I said with a smile. Seriously though, it was that simple to get out of the castle? "I-I was hoping we could talk a bit more... i-if you don't m-mind, that is."
    Shifting my weight slightly, I glanced at a clock that was affixed to a nearby wall. It's not even that late, I realized. Seems like our earlier conversation didn't take very long...
    Sketch
    Sketch
    Level 12
    Level 12

Character sheet
    Title:
    Primary Role: Berserker
    Sub-role:

Post by Sketch Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Leaning against the cool concrete outside from the lobby was nice at this time. The drizzling rain was more then enough to take my mind off of things. But alas my mind stays dwelled on these thoughts, these memories. Taking a deep breath I breathed in a slight mist of the drizzle emptying it. I began to raise my head letting each drip cool my face. reaching into my pocket i had gotten my pack of cigerettes. lifting it to my face i shook my hand nudging it once to get a cig out. Catching it in my mouth the flame from my lighter had followed. Taking a drag i began to think about my son. But what hit me harder was the thought of my Bruxi that followed. My eyes became fixated at the darkness of the sky.
    I exhaled taking in another drag. I felt water run down my face, I think it's from the rain. I smiled a bit knowing dam well I was lying to myself.
    (Thinking to myself).

"I wonder if he would ever forgive me"
    I contiued to smoke my life away.
    BruxiXXVIII
    BruxiXXVIII
    Level 18
    Level 18

Character sheet

Post by BruxiXXVIII Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Mayix nodded his head curtly to Annie. "You're quite welcome. And of course not, I do not mind some conversation at a-" He fell silent as he noticed smoke outside of the lobby's window. His crimson eyes narrowed as he neared the door. Who here smokes..?

Upon opening the door and turning to his right, he saw the culprit. His eyes widened; it was...her?...
    He spoke, his tone dark, husky and quiet. 

"Sk-Sketch...?"
    Annie deGreis
    Annie deGreis
    Level 9
    Level 9

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by Annie deGreis Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:16 pm

I wrinkled my nose at the scent of a cigarrette. Never really had been one for the smell of smoke, no matter what kind. I was curious as to who would smoke in the city, as well as where in this world they would... I stopped myself before getting on a tangent that would do nothing to sate my curiosity.
    Besides, Mayix was walking over to the person outside the entranceway. So this is Sketch... I've definitely never met her before...
    I hesitated--I shouldn't be here. Not for this reunion...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm