Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lounge (OOC area)
by BruxiXXVIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 pm

» The Soul of Organization+
by RixupIX Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 pm

» So if I place this.....here
by RoixukXXII Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

» Picnic Time!!
by RoixukXXII Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

» Where are you?
by Muraxami XXXIX Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 am

» AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

» Assassination: Retrieval
by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

» PROGRESSION: This world bores me!
by Kané Dendou Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am

» Strange Signals
by GexkaXXV Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

» Organization 13+ BBQ!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

» Merely a Servant
by The Coat Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

» Blitz Rush
by GexkaXXV Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm

» Tealixa XXXI
by Tealixa XXXI Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 am

» BATTLE RACE!!!
by GexkaXXV Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

» The Stock Raider
by Kané Dendou Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

» Battle Royale 2016
by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

» Update on Elements and Magicks!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

» New Options for Nobodies!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

» The Mura-tatorship...
by Muraxami XXXIX Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

» Anthem of the Angel
by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

» *random portal appears*
by Kexan XV Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

» A numberless amount of portals
by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

» Let's Play A Game!
by RixupIX Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

» How...Is it possible....What.....To.....Do......
by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

» What would your boss music sound like?
by AxeliaLXIX Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

» Alright, lets play god.
by Lexi LXX Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:54 pm

» EXPANSION!!!!!
by GexkaXXV Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

» Suzu The Copycat.
by Gust Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this. 2.0
by Lexi LXX Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

» The Soulsmith's Forge
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

» Could someone tell me where to go?
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 pm

» Did i hear bored? How about a lake party?
by Leore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this.
by AixusXXIX Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

» We need some food.
by Lexi LXX Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

» Exene XCIII, The Holy Flames User
by Muraxami XXXIX Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

» A Chance Encounter
by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

» Getting to know my City.
by Muraxami XXXIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

» Now might be a better time.
by Leore Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

» Top Ten Superheroes of All Time
by GexkaXXV Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

» I'M BACK, BIRCHES!!!
by Acero Hierro Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:47 pm

» Um, hello?
by ClerxhaXVI Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

» The Grand Entrance
by AxeliaLXIX Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 pm

» Why People Don't Respond to Kexan's Topics
by Kané Dendou Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 am

» Simply because i can... and im bored.
by XirschLXXIII Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 pm

» Training Information!
by BruxiXXVIII Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

» Organization Bookstore
by ClerxhaXVI Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

» Unheard Anomaly...
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

» A Lovely Dinner Party
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

» Finally...it has been done.
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

» Open from DeviantArt
by Kané Dendou Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

» This is also what happens.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

» I apologize for Kané's......dumbassness.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

» The Golem's Awakening
by Acerva Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 am

2 posters

No more portals, please!

ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet
    Title: The bookworm
    Primary Role: Assassin
    Sub-role: Alchemist

No more portals, please! Empty No more portals, please!

Post by ClerxhaXVI Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Continued from "How to dark portal" post 47

Clerxha grins and runs out of the park, only occasionally glancing back to see if Gexka is following. He is, and she's thankful. She takes a medium-distanced path through the park to the more shop-oriented part of the Dark City. Her feet hit the sidewalk and she stops suddenly, gaining her bearings.

She whirls around, grinning. "Well, where do you want to go and eat?" She taps her bottom lip. "There's Chinese food, a pizza parlor... or three... a burger place... a few buffets..."

Shrugging, Cler sighs. "I'm not really that hungry at the moment..."
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet
    Title: Resident Thief of The Dark City
    Primary Role: Thief
    Sub-role: Diplomat

No more portals, please! Empty Re: No more portals, please!

Post by GexkaXXV Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:15 pm

I quickly eat the last bit of my ice-cream cone and then follow Clerxha out of the park trying to keep close. I only realize how well I'm succeeding at this after I almost run into her when she suddenly stops. I come to a screeching stop, lose my balance, find it, and then take a small step back.
    "Hmmm... They all sound so good. Do you know of any all you can eat places? And don't worry," i pat my stomach, "I've got enough room for three."
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:58 pm

Clerxha laughs as she tries to remember if there are any. "I think there's one somewhere... Bad memory, like I said before. Just hold on just a second..." She removes a small black leather-bound book from her cloak and begins flipping through the pages. She finally stops on a page that is covered in multicolored ink. "Well, that's no use," she says with a sigh.

She clamps the book shut with a frown. "Apparently it's somewhere nearby. But I'm not going to create a portal and just randomly pop around the city- no more portals for me today." She adds the last part with a shake of her head.

"If we wander around, we'll find it for sure..." Cler tilts her head to the side slightly as she asks, "Are ya okay with that?"
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:25 pm

"Yeah I'm fine with that. I mean the food will still be there when we arrive, right?" I stride off down the street , turning around a few moments later but continuing to walk backward.  "You know I have even less idea of where we're going then you do?! So if you actually want get somewhere I suggest you take the lead!"
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Clerxha frowns. "Well, I did say wander." She crosses her arms as though she's actually offended. But the smile still returns to her face in a matter of seconds. "Fine then... whatever," she says and walks forward.

"I can place people to events and what they say, and tiny details," she grumbles. "And I'd thought my memory was getting better."

Cler shrugs her shoulders. "I think I know where we are..." She looks around. Not finding anything familiar, she shakes her head. "On second thought... nope."

She continues walking, not sure if it would be rude to start asking questions about her thief-y... friend? acquaintance?
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:28 pm

"Hey don't worry, I've been in the city for a few months now and I can't even find my out of the castle without walking threw walls.I point in the direction I think the castle is (it's actually the complete other way). I look back at Clerxha and see that she has a question she wants to ask. "Is there something you want to ask?"
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:03 am

Clerxha starts giggling when Gexka points in the opposite direction. It's not rude in her mind; she would have done the same thing... "You walk through the castle walls?" she asks, surprised. "You've got guts."

When Gexka asks if Cler has any questions, she replies, "Well, I already said one... But what I was actually wonderin' is how you ended up here?" She still likes hearing stories of other people.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:22 pm

"Well I ended up here by following you out of the park, but I'm pretty sure you mean how did I end up in this city." As I continue walking I look up at the sky. "You see I have two sets of memories. I have my own, which seems perfectly fine and which begins with me waking up in this city on a random street. And then I have a shattered set of memories that don't belong to me." I frown slightly. "I think they belong to what you would call my somebody.
    From what I've gathered from these shattered memories and some information I came across while here, in conclusion to a series of events I'm not quite certain of, my somebody was sucked into some sort of energy dimension in the past and I was thrown out here in the city." I shrug. "I really don't know for sure, as I said these aren't my memories, I'm just In possession of them. But more are surfacing every day and eventually I'll know the whole story."
    I suddenly shake my head my head and smile. "Sorry for getting all serious on you. Anyway I think that's the place up ahead." I point to a sign up the street that says in big, bright letters "ALL YOU CAN EAT".
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Clerx sticks her tongue out at Gexka. No, really? She thinks, stopping herself from commenting aloud.

She listens in silence until he's done talking. "So like most of them," Cler notes once he's done talking and pointed out the restaurant. She smiles. "And it's okay. It's better to be serious than have your head in the clouds all day long."

As they get a little closer to the building with the "ALL YOU CAN EAT" sign, a wide grin crosses her face, "Yup. This is it. Possibly the best all you can eat buffet for after a hard day of training." She takes out her black journal and writes down the location down- just in case. "Although," she admits, "Anything tastes good after a ton of running and fatigue..."

She opens the door and gestures for him to go inside first- not that either of them actually need to open doors, intangibility and all.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:31 pm

I follow Clerxha over to the restaurant. "But when your head is in the clouds you get a better view than the person who is on the ground.
    I walk into the restaurant and my eyes immediately find the buffet. "Let's continue this at the table." I race over to the buffet, grab one plate, and then balance two more skillfully on my arm. My other hand becomes a blur as I quickly load all three plates with as much food as possible. I then make my way over to a booth in a corner, careful not to drop a single crumb. I begin eating from all three plates as I wait for Clerxha to get whatever she wants.
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Clerxha mutters a quick apology to the creeper that's at the entrance. She puts down enough money to pay for their two meals- it's an inexpensive place, no wonder why she liked it before- with a sheepish smile.

She starts to giggle as she watches Gexka balance the three overloaded plates as he heads to a table. If I ever start up a restaurant.... she thinks, but shakes her head. Instead she picks up two plates- what, the boy picked up three- and fills them with her favorite food. Clerx risks a quick glance at the overflowing dessert table.

She shrugs without dropping any food. There'll be time for dessert later. Cler takes a seat on the opposite side of the booth. "So I take it you like the food," She says in an amused tone of voice.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:43 pm

I stop eating momentarily to  respond to Clerxha but all that comes out is a mumble. I swallow the mouthful of food in my mouth and try again. "What's not to like? An unlimited supply of good food is nothing to complain about." I take in another large mouthful of food, swallow, and continue. "Okay, I've told you a little about myself, now it's your turn. You tell me something about you."
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Clerxha takes a few bites of food and smirks at the comment. "True, true," she says before he speaks again.

She hums quietly before speaking. "Where to start...? Oh! I know. I have no recollection of my somebody, as in who she was or how- well, I have an idea of how she died." Clerx taps her forehead with her thumb. "Something about a fire, lightning, and falling wood. It's just the occasional bits and pieces though." She stops herself from continuing about what she remembers of her early life as a nobody- there are some memories best left forgotten. To- hopefully- hide the fact that she didn't want to speak more, she ate more of her food.

"Ok. Your turn to say something about yourself." Cler says with a grin.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:33 pm

"Hold that thought for a second." I get up and refill my plates that I had cleaned off in just a few minutes. "Like I said before I only arrived in the city a few months ago and my memory starts there, so there's really not much to tell. As you know I'm a thief, and have no shame in it. I can only assume that my somebody was a thief because when I woke up I already had the skills and knowledge of a first-class thief. Everything came naturally though I have no memory of actually developing these skills." I shrug and shove more food into my mouth. "If you want to know anything else you're going to have to be more specific with your inquiries." 
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:12 pm

Clerxha finishes up her two plates as she listens to Gexka talking. "Hm, I guess so." She taps a knife on her empty plate as she tries to think of a question. She shrugs. "Give me a second..." Cler quickly returns to the buffet and fills up one of the plates. There's no point in her over-eating.

Sitting back down at the table, a question comes to her mind. "Hmmm... How about this- who have you become friends with since you came to the city?"
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:47 pm

I continue to eat, talking between each bite. "I don't think I've really spent enough time with anyone here to start calling them friends yet but I have met a number of people. Let's see..." I begin to list names on my fingers. "I saw a bunch of people at the halloween party but only really talked to Rixup. I met Kajix and Novix in the castle corridors and had quite an interesting encounter with Bruxi and Sketch. I met you and Alyx on the streets and bumped into two dudes named Kane and Aixus a few times. I've fought with Zexor against Fey in the tag-team battles and I've met with Abachino a few times. I'm sure there's more but I'm too lazy to remember."

(Ooc: I just went back and looked in the topics I've posted in. There are more people but the topics were really never completed. I mean most aren't, but I just couldn't include these ones)
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 pm

"Hmmm," Clerxha says, realizing that she's met most- if not all- of the people Gexka just named. In fact, the only one she's not sure if she met is NoVix, but she's heard of him, at the very least.

She laughs. "Did ya ever meet Lise? Um, I mean Annalise?" Cler inquires. She hasn't heard of many people who have met her sister... or that she'd met many people. "I think she likes the name Annie?"
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:58 pm

"Who? I don't think I've ever met anyone by that name. But I'm better with faces than names, could you please describe her?
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Clerxha smiles. "Well, she's my little sister... Not so little anymore though..." She laughs lightly.

"She's about this tall," Clerxha raises her hand less than half a foot above her head, "And she has unruly black hair. Wait, that's' not the right word... She would say... that it's 'haphazardly cut'... if she were to speak about it. She's skinny; also, she is obsessed with rocks, so her face is always dirty..." Cler shrugs. "But if she'd ever wash her face, it would be pale, and her eyes are black." She contemplates what she had said and decides that it's enough.

Clerx finishes up the food on her plate as she waits for a response.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:33 pm

"You know that's a description of a dwarf? Not that I've ever seen a dwarf and I doubt it would be skinny..." I trail off realizing I've started to ramble. "Sorry, my mouth sometimes works faster than my brain. But I think I might have seen someone like that in passing once or twice. We've never actually talked and I don't know about the whole rock thing, but it could've been her."
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Clerxha nearly chokes on the last bite of food. She coughs a bit before saying, "Ya know, she can't be a dwarf... Seeing as I'm the shorter one." Although, it is true....

"Ah makes sense. Lise hates talking anyway..." She then adds, "And rambling's all okay. Seriously. It's actually interesting when people rant on and on about stuff. Unless it's just a monologue about how they're so much stronger. Those are just plain annoy- See? I just started rambling... Whoops!~" She attempts to stifle a giggle, but fails miserably; she laughs, slightly embarrassed but not really caring.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:14 pm

"Yeah, but usually when I ramble I end up saying something stupid or reveal something I probably shouldn't have. But tell your sister to have a nice ramble now and then, talking is what makes the world go round (or was that gravity?). Excuse me a moment." I get up and return to the buffet, but this time I return with only two plates. "I think it's my turn to ask you a question. What do you do? I mean you live in this city right? You must have something, a job, chore, hobby, that keeps you active.
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 pm

A server from the restaurant picks up the empty plates as Gexka's off at the buffet. She grins. "That's two questions, ya know," she says with a chuckle. "Well, yeah, I live in the city. But not at the castle with the rest of everyone. I'd never been too good with big groups of people before I came here, and I sorta got used to the place I bought.

"And I have two jobs, I guess you could say."
    She debates which job to say first, but shrugs. "When I first came to the Dark City, I opened up a bookstore. Seriously, how did they not have a book shop in the entire city!?" Cler says it as though it's a sin, shaking her head in shame. "But anyway... I'm also acting as the temporary leader of the assassins until Aix gets better. Not that there's been much need for us recently," she adds as an afterthought. "That's a good thing though."
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 pm

When Clerxha mentions books I suddenly regain another shard of memory. I quickly look down at my plate to hide what's going on in my head. It's not like one of those dramatic things where you pass out, instead it simply feels like a part of my mind that I never knew was there, is now available.
    I love books. Or at least my somebody did, but I know that I also love them. I remember that his pride lay in his ability to read and that his most precious possessions were a few grubby books. I also remember that it was a book that  started this whole mess.
    I mentally shake my head. These thoughts come with strong emotions and it takes me a second to get them under control. I will peruse these memories later but for now I should focus on the information that is more likely to keep me from being killed.
    I look up from my plate.
    "So why would there ever be a need for a group of assassins? The city seems relatively peaceful."
    ClerxhaXVI
    ClerxhaXVI
    Level 26
    Level 26

Character sheet

Post by ClerxhaXVI Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 am

Clerxha nods slowly. I'd thought the same thing when they asked who wanted to be an assassin. What's the best way to explain it...? After taking a few seconds to debate how to say her answer, she sighs. Guess I'll say whatever comes to mind...

"As peaceful as the Dark City is, there are still threats. You weren't there when Nak- Sphinx came back. That was really bad. He let loose heartless and released Mura's inner demon..." She frowns. "And then there have been a bunch of other threats. They were stopped though..." Her voice trails off when she remembers that she let the last one off because she wasn't prepared to put anyone in danger. Unintentionally, she bent the fork in her hand.

Cler stands up. "Well, I'm going to get more food," she says, and returns a few minutes later with a plate full of desserts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:40 am