Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lounge (OOC area)
by BruxiXXVIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 pm

» The Soul of Organization+
by RixupIX Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 pm

» So if I place this.....here
by RoixukXXII Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

» Picnic Time!!
by RoixukXXII Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

» Where are you?
by Muraxami XXXIX Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 am

» AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

» Assassination: Retrieval
by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

» PROGRESSION: This world bores me!
by Kané Dendou Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am

» Strange Signals
by GexkaXXV Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

» Organization 13+ BBQ!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

» Merely a Servant
by The Coat Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

» Blitz Rush
by GexkaXXV Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm

» Tealixa XXXI
by Tealixa XXXI Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 am

» BATTLE RACE!!!
by GexkaXXV Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

» The Stock Raider
by Kané Dendou Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

» Battle Royale 2016
by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

» Update on Elements and Magicks!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

» New Options for Nobodies!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

» The Mura-tatorship...
by Muraxami XXXIX Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

» Anthem of the Angel
by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

» *random portal appears*
by Kexan XV Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

» A numberless amount of portals
by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

» Let's Play A Game!
by RixupIX Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

» How...Is it possible....What.....To.....Do......
by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

» What would your boss music sound like?
by AxeliaLXIX Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

» Alright, lets play god.
by Lexi LXX Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:54 pm

» EXPANSION!!!!!
by GexkaXXV Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

» Suzu The Copycat.
by Gust Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this. 2.0
by Lexi LXX Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

» The Soulsmith's Forge
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

» Could someone tell me where to go?
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 pm

» Did i hear bored? How about a lake party?
by Leore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this.
by AixusXXIX Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

» We need some food.
by Lexi LXX Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

» Exene XCIII, The Holy Flames User
by Muraxami XXXIX Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

» A Chance Encounter
by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

» Getting to know my City.
by Muraxami XXXIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

» Now might be a better time.
by Leore Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

» Top Ten Superheroes of All Time
by GexkaXXV Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

» I'M BACK, BIRCHES!!!
by Acero Hierro Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:47 pm

» Um, hello?
by ClerxhaXVI Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

» The Grand Entrance
by AxeliaLXIX Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 pm

» Why People Don't Respond to Kexan's Topics
by Kané Dendou Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 am

» Simply because i can... and im bored.
by XirschLXXIII Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 pm

» Training Information!
by BruxiXXVIII Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

» Organization Bookstore
by ClerxhaXVI Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

» Unheard Anomaly...
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

» A Lovely Dinner Party
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

» Finally...it has been done.
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

» Open from DeviantArt
by Kané Dendou Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

» This is also what happens.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

» I apologize for Kané's......dumbassness.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

» The Golem's Awakening
by Acerva Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 am

2 posters

New arrival in the city

NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Title: The Quiet One
    Primary Role: Support
    Sub-role:

New arrival in the city Empty New arrival in the city

Post by NixenaXLVII Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:30 pm

A dark portal opens in the city streets, not far from the castle. The streets are barren, save some streetlamps and a few lesser nobodies. As the portal begins to close a girl leaps out, somersaulting onto the pavement. Her legs get tangled in her skirt and the weather-worn organization cloak, causing her to fall, sprawling on the ground.
    It looks like... the Dark City, the girl muses as she glances around.
    Pale hands move to push herself up to standing. "It hasn't faded from my memories... I wonder why." The girl lifts the hood from her head, dropping it down on her shoulders. Her pale face appears almost translucent in the artificial light. She quickly braids her uneven and unruly strawberry-blonde hair before laying it over her shoulder.
    Blue-green eyes scan the nearby setting for a nobody or even a somebody. Unfortunately, the only remotely intelligent creature around is a lesser nobody--the rest appear to have run off after her disastrous arrival. The girl lifts a hand in greeting, and the dusk starts to run off.
    "Stop!" she calls out, and the dusk freezes in place. "Can you take me to where there are others like me?"
    The dusk begins to move away.
    "Wait."
    It stopped again, this time turning to face her.
    The control works on them too? That doesn't make sense!
    She presses her lips together in a tight line as an idea forms in her mind. The girl shrugs--it is worth a shot.
    "Take me to where there are others like me."
    The dusk walks towards the girl, passing her and continuing down the road. It turns around for a second before she begins to follow. It leads her through the city streets, up to the entrance of the castle that loomed above her. The girl smiles gratefully, despite the fact that the lesser nobody is in her thrall.
    "Thank you," the girl says, "You may go now."
    Within seconds, the creature is little more than a gray speck in the distance.
    The girl sighs. Well, I guess I can stay this time, she thinks, glancing around for a sign of life. Maybe they'll let me into the castle... Or maybe... She sees a rock nearby and lifts it up into the air using magic. Hopping onto the rock, she glances at the gap that surrounds the moat. She vaguely remembers something about the entrance being fortified, and lowers herself back onto the ground. On second thought, perhaps waiting is the best choice.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet
    Title: Resident Thief of The Dark City
    Primary Role: Thief
    Sub-role: Diplomat

New arrival in the city Empty Re: New arrival in the city

Post by GexkaXXV Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 pm

I stroll through the gate of the castle and across the bridge. At the end of the bridge I see a pale girl with blonde hair standing on a rock. Coming up to her, I see that she is moderately dressed under an Organization coat. While I am a thief I still like to know the other members of the Organization are (just in case). I smile and walk up to her. "Hello, my name's Gexka. Excuse the intrusion but are you a member of the Organization?"
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:48 pm

The girl sees a person exiting the castle, and smiles in response to his grin. I remember you, the girl thinks, while pondering the answer to his question.
    "I believe I am now," she responds cryptically. It's a pleasure to meet you again, Gexka." The girl extends a hand for a handshake.
    That was probably really confusing...
    "I suppose you can call me... Nixena. Number... I don't believe forty-seven has been taken yet." And with that she closes her mouth, her lips curling to faintly resemble a smile; she does not want to control his mind, like she had with the dusk.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:51 pm

My brow furrows slightly as I shake the girl's, Nixena's, hand. I turn her sentences over in my mind. Her voice has a quality that I can't quite define, but I'm thinking more of the actual words. "Nice to meet you too Nixena and you don't have to bother with the whole number thing. I think it's stupid, people are people, not numbers. By the way, have we met before?" I rub the back of my head, slightly embarrassed. "You sound like you know me but I have no memory of you."
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:38 pm

Dropping her hand, Nixena smiles sadly, "I know you. Rather, my somebody knew you." She pauses before adding, "I reckon that's not the same thing... I'm still a bit of confused on how this whole transition was supposed to work."
    Her eyes narrow as she feels the gaze of something from behind her. It doesn't appear vicious... more... a stare of a curious nature. She whirls around, her braid nearly hitting the thief in front of her.
    "Show yourself," she calls out to the shadows, her voice eerily melodic.
    Out of the shadows, a small dog-like creature appears. It growls slightly before darting up to Nixena. It sniffs at her cloak before nuzzling against her.
    Oh, so that's where it vanished off to, she thinks, kneeling down to pet the wolf pup.
    "We never really decided on his owner..." the strawberry-blonde murmurs, beaming up at the taller boy.
    Well, this wasn't how I intended to re-introduce myself, but I can't change that fact now.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:04 pm

I squint at Nixena as she tells me I know her. Or know her somebody, or maybe it's knew her somebody; I don't know, I'm confused as well. But no matter how I look at her, I just can't picture anyone I know. "Who..."
    Before I can finish my question she whips around to face something. I slip a hand into my coat and wrap my fingers around a throwing knife but quickly pull my hand back out upon seeing that it's just the pup Annie and I saw that strange priest create/summon. It's half-grown now and seems especially taken with NIxen. 
    When she speaks again I only half hear her; her voice has something about it that makes my mind wander. But then in an instant I comprehend the meaning in what she said. I stagger back as if I was punched in the face. I manage to gasp out, "A..a..annie? Is that you? What happened? Are you alright?" My thoughts are scattered as I try to grasp what's happened. Through the chaos, my mind manages to settle on the most important thing. "Does Clerxha know?"
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:55 pm

Nixena smiles faintly, knowing that Gexka was one of her somebody's closest friends--she did not have many. He has moved back slightly, and the blonde stands up, taking a step forward.
    "Annalise deGreis is perfectly fine and healthy. At least, now she is," her words are carefully measured, without a drop of magic in them. "I am afraid I am not her. For some reason, I share her memories though... and in a way, I was her then. I was the dark part of her that was always present. In order to help her move forward, I was split from her body. Her brother resuscitated her immediately afterwards, and I was able to see her wake before the portal took me to another world." She pauses, realizing the words aren't fully her own--as if she were a bystander who had seen everything occur. "Nobodies are creatures of neither darkness nor light. I spent a while in a place called Twilight Town, before I realized that I could create portals of my own volition. I decided to try and make my way here once more. Although," she says as she glances around, "It would be better if I do not make my presence known to my sister... rather, my somebody's sister quite yet. It appears I have somehow created a small mistake in time. Annalise has yet to return home."
    I still think of myself as Annalise. It is really difficult to call her by the name I would still respond to.
    The horned wolf nuzzles at her feet, as though sensing her internal confusion.
    "So as some abridged answers to your questions: Not really; no; I told you my story; other than scraped-up palms, fine; and not yet."
    She murmurs something and her palms heal as little glowing green leaves appear and dissipate.
    "You are the first person I have met; or is it reintroduced myself to?" She smiles, her face mimicking that of her somebody, whenever the girl had the time to genuinely smile. "And I apologize in advance for my voice. I cannot control my new-found abilities properly yet."
    Nixena, you're rambling. You promised yourself to speak less until you had better control.
    She clamps her hands over her mouth, a muffled "Sorry!" escaping from between her clasped fingers.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:15 pm

I sit down heavily and stare up, sorting the new information in my head. "I never thought Annie could have any darkness in her; she's such a nice person." I look back at Nixena. No, it's fine. It's not my place to judge you.
    I'm still a bit dazed but can still rationalize. "
    I don't doubt your story, but if that is what happened, wouldn't the process have just created a heartless? Since is Annie is still perfectly fine,
    where did your body come from?"
    I stop the interrogation and realize how rude I'm being. "I'm so sorry; I'm an idiot sometimes. I should really be asking how do you feel about all of this?"
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:40 pm

The girl presses her lips together in a thin line.
    There was a lot that she never said. The world is far from a gentle place. I am more prone than her to dark tendencies... And perhaps that shadow was the heartless? Because I know I am not a heartless.
    She lowers her hand; somehow, she has refrained from using the less-than-appreciated magic. "I feel perfectly fine. A bit confused because I know I shouldn't share these memories, but fine," Nixena says, "And you should have some answers. Somehow, we--Annalise and I--were split, but I ended up with a body. It was probably because the people who split us were the ones who studied Sis for years. Their... magic," she realizes, the epiphany lighting up her blue-green eyes, "It let us both retain physical bodies. It is really unusual and unheard of, but I am glad she isn't dead." She speaks quickly, as though that would further prevent any magic from sneaking into her words--not that there was any to begin with.
    Feeling something poking through the sides of her boot, Nixena looks down to see the creature gnawing on her boot. Really now? She bends down and scoops up the wolf in her arms.
    "Never do that again," she tells the horned creature. It snorts as though it can understand her.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Feeling that I've got more of a handle on the situation, I stand up. "Well I'm glad she's not dead too. If I ever meet these scientists, remind me not to steal their equipment.
    I stretch my arms above my head."So what do you want to do now? I suppose your going to want to find a room in the castle? Maybe lie low for a bit, till the time paradox you created runs its course? Or maybe... you want to go meet Annie and cause a huge time explosion! That would be awesome!"
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:10 pm

The girl shrugs in response before glancing at the rest of the city.
    "An explosion would be horrifying," she whispers, "And you'll have enough to worry about soon enough," she continues in a knowing voice despite not saying more.
    I kept an eye on this place after I left. Even though I knew I couldn't re-open a portal from my end.
    His mentioning the castle makes her pause. Initially, she had planned to see if Clerxha would take her in as a roommate, like before.
    I guess that's an impossible plan, at least for a matter of weeks.
    She glances down at the wolf and smiles. "Does the castle have a no-pet policy?" Nixena inquires.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:11 pm

"I have no idea. But whoever's job it is to watch the castle isn't very good at it. No one's even tried to stop me when I leave the castle with a sack full of stuff that's not mine. I'm sure they won't notice one extra dog." I pinch my nose suddenly. "Of course, you might want to give the mutt (I'm not sure which breed of dog has horns) a bath first.
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Nixena sighs, True. I hope that there won't be a problem... Wasn't there a person with a gigantic mouse anyway?
    She reaches down to pet the wolf again and finally notices the fact that it smells slightly like garbage.Hm, it must have been hiding in the dumpsters or something... She wrinkles her nose before dousing it with water.
    "Do you know of any current open rooms in the castle?" the girl inquires, glancing up at Gexka.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:47 pm

"Um..." I glance up at the castle and count some of the windows. "If a bunch of people haven't moved in since yesterday, yes. There were quite a few empty rooms and they looked quite comfortable. I jump out of the way to avoid getting wet. "And you don't have to worry about food; the cafeteria dosen't seem able to run out."
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:01 pm

The wolf shakes like a dog, and Nixena is able to stop the water droplets mid-air. The water drops to the ground, as the girl turns to face Gexka.
    "Thank you, that sounds ideal." She doubts that there have been many arrivals; few people ever showed up in the city. At least, few did while Annie was living here. She glances at the castle--hopefully there would be a room close to the main doors. Her somebody's affinity for getting lost hadn't vanished.
    "I think it would be best if she receives a name relatively soon," the blonde comments, tilting her head to look at the wolf. "I have a few ideas, but do you have any suggestions?"
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm momentarily confused by the sudden change in topic. "Who? Oh, the puppy." I scratch my head. I once had a dog once, I called him dog. I guess 'horned wolf' won't work here. Let's see... wolf... wolf.
    I begin listing names on my fingers. "Friki... Ulva... Velvel... Ylva... Slayer of a thousand men. I think they all sound good, you pick one.
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:22 pm

The creature buries her snout beneath white paws. It appears that she doesn't like those names. It's a shame, really.
    Nixena giggles. Slayer of a thousand men. Shame that's too long.
    Looking into the white wolf's gold eyes, the blonde smiles. A name comes to mind that's reminiscent of her past and also would make sense in context.
    [i]The origin of the word is nice. Plus it can be shortened so many ways...

She swallows before speaking, still uncertain if any magic would poison her words.
    "I like those names... although she doesn't... How about... Orianne. Ori for short."
    The wolf's tail moves up and down against the ground, and the sound echoes in the air.
    "What do you think?"
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:48 pm

I put my hands on my hips and glare down at the newly named, Orianne. "Quite the critic aren't you? Still the name does fit." I look up at Annie and smile. I think it's a perfect name for princess mutt here." I lean down and scratch Orianne behind the ears.
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Nixena laughs silently; her shoulders move up and down slightly, and she covers her mouth with a fist as though to hide her grin.
    Princess mutt... that would've worked. She's certainly got the disposition. And pretty fur coat...
    Orianne, on the other hand doesn't seem to appreciative of the nickname, flicking her ears as if annoyed by Gexka.
    "Ori..." Nixena scolds, and the half-grown wolf makes a grumbling sound. "Be nice."
    The white wolf--truly, is that color even natural?--turns around and opens her mouth as if to nip at Gexka's hand. Instead she licks it like a pet dog.
    Wonder what it would've been like if Annie hadn't lost her when that guy created her...
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:44 pm

I rub Ori's ears even more vigorously and whisper in one, "I know you like it."
    "Okay!" I stand up abruptly and clap my hands together. "We've got a clean dog with a new name. Now where are we gonna get everything else? I am almost 100% positive there isn't a pet store in the city and I'm sure Miss Ori hear only excepts the finest dog treats."
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 pm

If wolves have the ability to roll their eyes, Ori does just that. She bites at Gexka's fingers, but misses as the thief stands up suddenly.
    How did she manage to survive for that long on the street...?
    Nixena nods slowly, "Obviously," she says sarcastically. "I'm certain she'd be fine with raw meat."
    Orianne yips in agreement, as if saying that it's better than garbage.
    Looks like we've got that covered...
    After a minute of pause, Nix looks at Gexka, tilting her head to the side. Wisps of strawberry-blonde hair fall in front of her face, covering her eyes.
    "You said there were empty rooms in the castle..? Are there any close to the entrance?"
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:32 pm

I put my hands up in surrender. "Just trying to be helpful. Anyway, I believe there is a room there," I point a finger at a window six to the left of the entrance. "and there." I angle my finger to the window one above and two to the right of the entrance."And of course, any room with a window has a built in exit."
    NixenaXLVII
    NixenaXLVII
    Level 6
    Level 6

Character sheet
    Sub-role:

Post by NixenaXLVII Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Nixena smiles as she glances up to the castle. There's one close to the entrance, which would be just perfect. It takes a second for her to run Gexka's words through her head fully.
    She lowers her gaze to meet Gexka's face. And 'built-in-exit' can also mean 'thief's entrance'... Right? she thinks dubiously before smiling.
    She takes a few steps towards the castle, her white wolf on her heels. "Thanks, Gex," she says, "I guess I'll go look at them."
    Her worn shoes scrape against the ground as she walks slowly towards the castle. Without looking back, she lifts her left hand to wave a quick farewell.
    A broad smile crosses her face as she thinks, It's good to be back.
    GexkaXXV
    GexkaXXV
    Level 16
    Level 16

Character sheet

Post by GexkaXXV Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:44 pm

"Good luck and welcome to the Dark City." I turn around and walk, off lost in thought. I wonder what Clerxha's reaction will be when she finds out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:36 am